Chapter 43

"You lads have got it! I don't know what 'it' is but you have it!" Perrie was clapping for 5SOS after their show that night.

"The merch is to die for. I love this." Krisha was posing with one of the band's t-shirts backstage. Marie and Jada were taking pictures with her. Michael had given them all free merchandise for being part of Perrie's entourage. They even got to see the show from special seats!

"Thanks Perrie Edwards." One of the band members bowed slightly before sipping from a bottle of water. His name was Calum. "Honestly we owe you like everything for how much you helped us get noticed and . . . our lives changed because of you! We got signed, we're on tour now-" He sounded very happy.

"You need to do a song with us." Ashton was the drummer. He wore a bandana around his head.

"Can you sing though?" Michael with the red hair asked.

Perrie was standing next to Leigh-Anne who was marvelling at the T-shirt they had given her. "I'll have you know that I actually can sing but I'm not the musical one out of the bunch." She patted Leigh's back.

"Leigh-Anne can sing and play piano but she doesn't do it for other people." Anika walked up to them after staring in awe at how that Jungkook fellow interacted with Luke: the band's lead singer.

Leigh perked up when she heard what they were saying. "Me? Sing?"

Ashton narrowed his eyes. "Can you sing rock?"

Leigh-Anne shook her head slowly. "I don't really listen to your type of music. You guys are just special."

"Well . . ." Michael seemed bashful.

"Perrie you should try to sing one of our songs for us. We're writing new stuff. It'd be cool if you could feature. You can sing so you should try." Calum sounded excited.

Perrie couldn't believe how eager they were. It was like they worshiped her. "I'll think about it I guess."

Jungkook and Luke were talking to each other in the corner.

Luke was showing Jungkook his painted nails. " . . . so they're red but they were gold yesterday."

Jungkook nodded. "I want to paint my nails now."

Luke smiled at him. "Really?"

"Yeah." Jungkook smiled back.

Luke seemed bashful. "I wear sparkly eye shadow too."

"I can see." Jungkook pointed to his eyes. "You're like a beautiful fairy."

Luke was blushing. "I . . . you . . . you're pretty too."

Jungkook was bashful now. "Maybe we can-"

"What?"

"You and me-"

"Yeah?"

Jungkook got his phone out. "Let's exchange numbers."

"Why?" Luke seemed blank.

"To be boyfriends." Jungkook just said it. I did it. I told him how I feel. Or was he forcing Luke into a relationship?

Luke looked happy with that. "Okay." He pulled his phone out of his pocket too. "Do we need to know each other longer to be boyfriends?"

Jungkook looked right into Luke's blue eyes. "If we want to date we can do it."

Luke had never met someone so bold and fierce, sure of himself. He got shivers when he looked at Jungkook. My whole life I've just been following my friends. Maybe it was time to venture out and follow someone else. Jungkook was so cool. He said he follows his friends too. But Jungkook's friends were cool. "Okay. We can date."