Chapter 25

"I don't know. Maybe . . . this one?" Leigh-Anne was having trouble choosing an aid that night.

"I think this one would suit you. She says she likes video games." Sairah was helping out with this since it was the time that she usually had dialogue with Leigh-Anne. They were in Leigh's room sitting at either side of their grandma before bed. Marcy was knocked out in her bedroom. After shooting they had all gone out to eat with Craig who had said he wanted to treat Leigh, her friends and her family. He had brought them to a restaurant that served spectacular food. They had all had a good time eating and talking and Craig had told Leigh-Anne about some other roles he felt she should try out for. Leigh-Anne had said she would look into them even though she was not sure where to start. He had told her he would send her the details to help out.

Leigh frowned at her sister. "Why would that suit me? I don't like video games."

Sairah frowned. "Of course you do. You- oh wait that's me." She laughed briefly. "Find someone who likes reading." She said to their grandmother.

The older woman laughed before scrolling down her i-pad. It was not often that she got to sit and have dialogue with these girls. This felt nice. Marceline was prepared to stretch herself to absolutely nothing all because she didn't want someone else involved with the children. Marcy was so greedy with these girls. She didn't want anyone's advice and barely allowed them to go to all of the functions that their family friends had invited them to. She's afraid that they'll become corrupted I suppose.

"She doesn't have to like the same things I do." Leigh shrugged. She and Sairah wore pyjamas and she held Nemo and BMO on her lap. Their grandma had made them dinner.

"I'm looking for someone who strikes out in the best way. Maybe not too overly impressive since people who list every bloody achievement in their profile tend to be fake but someone who just . . . seems to love helping special children," she pinched Leigh's cheek.

Leigh-Anne looked downward with heated cheeks. "When you say 'special' like that I know you don't mean it in a good way." She mumbled.

"She means special like a kid with tons of complications." Sairah said.

Leigh-Anne frowned. "I know."

"Don't put it that way Sairah." The woman kept scrolling and someone caught her eye. "Ooo this young woman seems promising."

"Does it say she can be an agent too? Leigh-Anne needs that too." Sairah was looking at Kyro lying in his dog bed across the room. She whistled at the dog and he woke up.

Kyro's ears were up to say that he was attentive.

Sairah patted next to her and he rushed up to the bed. She wrapped an arm around him once he was there.

Leigh saw this and tapped her fingers. "How'd you teach him to do that?" She asked in a little voice.

"Do what?" Sairah gave her a bland look.

"Girls look," Their grandma said.

Leigh-Anne peeped at the aid she was talking about. "She studied music in university, plays piano-"

"You needed a piano teacher remember? She can give you lessons and keep an eye on you." She appeared very happy with this person.

"Oh right." Leigh had forgotten about that. She was staring at the screen again. "She did psychology in college . . . likes dogs and loves all kids." Reading the last part made her feel belittled. "I'll be an adult in two years you know."

"But you're a kid now." Sairah said as she pet Kyro's head. She thought of their dad briefly. Humph. Says he likes dogs. What was with that guy? He's just . . . existing. And sometimes he popped into her head. She wanted to not care about him so bad but . . .