The Card

Ty Lee's POV

Surprisingly, I managed to get myself out of bed pretty early, got straight down to the kitchen to make myself a nice morning brew, before Suki finally came back.

The door opened slowly, she must think that I had no idea she wasn't in and there's no way I would be up this early to catch her sneak back. So I watched her try to carefully walk in, checking the stairs and planning the quietest route up them, then turning to close the door, I cleared my throat to make my presence known.

"Oh crap!", Suki jumped and put a hand on her chest as she breathed unsteadily, her back firmly against the door, "you scared the hell out of me", she took a deep breath and peeled herself off the the door then lock it and throw her keys carelessly on the side.

"Did I now?", I raised a brow offering her a cup of coffee, watching her take it with a shaky smile, what's she got to be so sneaky and nervous about? "where were you last night?", I tried to keep eye contact with her, but she wouldn't stop looking around the room. "Suki?", I used a sterner tone, one I don't usually use but this girl is hiding something big. She knows I wouldn't judge, so to hide something from me is crazy.

"I...", she bit her lip whilst staring at the floor, then she finally plucked up the courage to confess her whereabouts, "I met someone", okay that's a little vague? I crossed my arms, demanding more information. "At a bar...", she smiled awkwardly, but I made even more intense, "and it was a girl".

"Suki get to the point", I huffed rolling my eyes, this girl is really stretching this out, it's a simple question.

"Okay", she sighed then continued, "I met up with Yue, you know the one Sokka...", she trailed off, knowing this was hard for her I gave her a slightly more encouraging look to carry on, she does know I'm not going to bite her head off, "Yeah well, I met up with her and I thought I could either catch her with another guy and make Sokka feel bad or beat the absolute crap out of her", she gritted her teeth as she kept talking.

"And what did you do?", I drank my coffee whilst listening, Suki doesn't seem to be in any pain and certainly doesn't have any bruises or marks, so she either destroyed this girl or caught her doing something foul.

"I talked to her", Suki shrugged her shoulders, there's more then that for sure, "I talked to her, about everything really, then about Sokka and...", Suki looked embarrassed for bringing him up again. "That's when I figured out she was using him, she doesn't like anything about the guy, but he's great! He's got the best sense of humour the cutest face and a smile that could light you up in an instant", she blushed, stopping herself from talking even more about him.

I smiled and put my cup down, "that's adorable Suki", I admired how open she was about how she felt for the jerk, but I'm not one to judge I'm also in love with a stupid jerk, who I can't get enough of, like why is she so attractive but such a douchebag.

"So then I told her how I felt about him", oh no the story is still going, "she got mad because I called her out about her being a user and a toxic waste of space", where is this leading to? "And then I challenged her to a fight, but instead of just getting straight to it, she finished her drink, and left, but she said 'I'll be in touch, we'll fight honourably tomorrow'", Suki put on a posh voice when repeating what Yue said then frowned lowering her gaze again.

"Wait so why were you out all night?", I asked, from what she said Suki could've been home a while before we turned up.

"I looked into her, turns out she's a pretty big deal to The Water Tribe, her family is big, really big, and I messed up big time by challenging her, what an Idiot!", Suki began to panic and held my arms over the kitchen counter tightly, her eyes begging for help.