Lying Hippy Bald Boy

Katara's POV

It was him. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him, he took my breath away, my feelings overwhelmed me and I stood there with my eyes widened and mouth open. "Hey aren't you the guy that saved my sister earlier??", Sokka walked over, "uhh my name is-", he began to spoke but Toph quickly walked over to stand beside us, "that's Aang! Delivery boy where art my precious letters from various destinations?", Toph put on a character, making her voice higher and snobbish. "Right here your royal earthiness", Aang played along passing her the mail and she nodded walking away again.

"Aang huh? What are you doing collecting mail for short stuff back there?", Sokka leant against the door, some soil was quickly bended to hit him in the back of the head, "heard that!", Toph yelled. "Her parents asked me to do it everyday until she found a roommate, I only live right here and I get my own post everyday, there isn't a problem with me getting hers too", he shrugged pointing at the door behind him, "cool so we're neighbours, we should hang out some time, thanks for saving my sisters annoying butt", Sokka smirked before walking into the kitchen.

"Sorry about him, he can be a little rude sometimes, and he's really protective", I explained feeling my cheeks heat up as he looks at me directly, "that's okay some brothers are just like that, anyway I better be off to my flat that is over there, so see you around", he waved and walked to his door opening it, I watched and debated saying something so we would keep talking. "Hey!", I grinned and stepped out of the room to get his attention. "Would you like to have dinner with us? It's the least I can do, you saved my life and everything so-", "Aang come back in already!", I heard a girls voice come from the room and stopped talking.

"Sorry, I have someone waiting for me in there, maybe another time huh?", he shrugged, "yeah, sounds good", I nodded and forced a small smile, walking back inside my flat, "oh and Katara, I don't think your butt is annoying", Aang gave me one last grin before closing his door. I stood there for a second with my face completely red, what the hell did that mean!? I closed the door quickly and turned around seeing Sokka right behind me. "He liked your butt huh?", he crossed his arms.

"Ooo someone likes Katara's butt", Toph chanted from the couch, "shut up both of you, he has a girlfriend", I sighed and walked into the kitchen, "those types always do, he plays with your heart, saves your life, then tells you he's taken, what a tease!", Sokka ranted whilst looking at the food as I cook. "Let's just get over it shall we? He's our neighbour and nothing else", I stayed focused on the meal then caught Sokka getting a spoon and trying to taste what I'm cooking, "back out of it!", I took the spoon off him and shook my head, "stop bothering me and go bother Toph instead", "fine fine", he put both his hands up and shrugged walking away.

Goddammit, we could've made such a good couple, with the perfect love story too. Nevermind. At least I have confidence in my butt.

Sokka's POV

I left Katara in the kitchen, she gets so cranky and stressed when she cooks, I don't understand how she says she enjoys it when she's in that mood. I slumped on the couch beside Toph and raised a brow at the opened letters on the table, "so you can't see right?", I asked her keeping my eyes on the letters, "that is correct yes", she nodded. "So why have you opened the letters?", I looked at her confusedly, "gives me something fun to do with mail I guess, everyone is so excited when opening letters and packages, so am I, I just never find out what it says, so I'm in constant excitement as you can see", she said sarcastically and slumped with me sighing.

"So do you like Aang?", Toph asked, "from my first impression of him, he's a lying hippy bald boy who thinks he's the bees knees, the coolest and nicest person in the whole apartment block, but I personally think there's some deeper meaning to that, something traumatic in his past that he's hiding from the public eye and putting on the goody two shoes act. Maybe he's seen unspeakable things, killed loads of people, or he cries himself to sleep at night every night because he isn't 'nice' enough so he has a superhero mindset to save everyone who is in danger, to fill the dark void of bad choices in his life", I explained looking up at the ceiling. "So is that a yes or a no?", Toph laughed trying to hold it in.