And The Story Ends

3 Months Later

  The paper felt soft in my hands but that was the only comforting thing about the envelope. Staring at the sender's address made tingles of anxiety creep up my spine and give me shudders. Although, I had to look past my nervousness because I knew I would have to open the envelope at some point. The thought did not make it any easier.
  "Hey, Sam. What are you looking at?" Pepper asked curiously as she smiled.
  With my heart still pounding in my ears, I lifted it up and showed the front of the envelope. It took Pepper only a second to read the sender's address and - just like mine did - her jaw dropped with surprise.
  "Tony!" Pepper called out loud enough to get his attention so he would come into the living room as well.
  When Tony joined us, I repeated the actions that I did with Pepper to Tony by showing him the envelope that was in my hand. A dramatic gasp left his lips but he snatched the envelope from my hands to read it closer - as if he didn't believe his own eyes.
  "Well, you have to open it!" Tony exclaimed, now excited.
  Ignoring my shaking hands, I ripped open the envelope but was careful about the letter inside. I stared at the letters but I was so nervous and excited that the words kept moving around so it was hard to read them at first. After taking my time, I finally read the word that I had been waiting for for months now; congratulations.
  With a scream, I began to jump up, "I actually got in!"
  So Tony grinned with joy and encouraged, "Well, of course you did. That's not surprising."
  Then Pepper stepped forward to embrace me while saying, "I'm so proud of you, Sam! NYU here we come." 
  "I knew you'd warm up to the idea of college," Tony shot me a cocky smirk.
  When I pulled away from Pepper, I glared at him and snapped, "Listen here, pretty boy. I have some rules." Even though Stark crossed his arms at me in an intimidating manner, I kept going with my speech, "First, I'm getting a job so I can help pay off my classes because I refuse to let everything be handed to me. Second, if I decide that college is not for me then I'm dropping out and I don't want to hear another word about it. Is that fair?" 
  At first, Tony gave a fake pout but he was still too excited to hide it for long so he finally nodded, "Okay, that sounds fair. I heard that this really handsome and awesome guy named Tony Stark is looking for an assistant. Maybe you can apply for a job there." 
  "You're so sneaky," I grumbled. However, the thought of working with Tony didn't sound too miserable and it was a lot better than some other options. So, I didn't think about it for too long before agreeing, "Fine. But if I quit because you're too much to handle then I get a sign-off bonus."
  "That's not a thing... but I accept anyway," Tony admitted then took his turn to give me a hug. I knew the smile that he was wearing was his way of telling me that he was proud of me too. 
  "I've got to go make some phone calls," I stated before peering down at my phone with a smile. There were so many people I wanted to tell!
  I didn't like the idea of college at first because it was designed to be stressful - not only with classes but with how expensive it is too - and so many people just ended up dropping out anyway. However, I knew I needed a direction and I figured that this would help me figure it out in the time being. Besides, how bad could learning be?
  A notification popped up on my phone so when I glanced at the text, there was an alert of an attack on the White House. It sounded pretty serious. After reading about the report, I put my phone away because the calls would have to wait. I raised my hand up to touch the button on my bracelet before smirking, "Now." 

(I know, this is an extremely short chapter but I couldn't think of a better way to end it. I think it shows the start of her new journey while she also has to maintain the responsibilities that she already has as Titanium. Anything can happen! Thanks everyone for reading and sorry if the end feels a bit anti-climatic! Until next time :)
~~~~~ LL2z)