Prisoner

My eyes were closed but I wasn't asleep. They were sore so I was trying to ease the stinging by giving them some rest. However, that quickly changed when the metal door creaked open with a loud scream. So, my eyes flickered open as I watched my personal guard and a few others fill in my cell.
  "Come on," he growled and snatched my wrist then yanked me from my bed.
  Luckily, I caught myself in time before kissing the concrete floor beneath me. Alas, the man didn't give me enough time to recover as he dragged me out of my cell and through the hallway.
  "No bitter remarks today, sweetheart?" the sinister guard smirked while tightening his grip around my wrist.
  However, I winced at the pressure and could feel bruises forming on my wrist, "Ow, you're hurting me!" I whined.
  What he did next I wasn't prepared for. The personal guard swung my arm which made me slam into a nearby wall then he slid close to me, "You're lucky, I haven't shown you pain."
  So I tried to lean away from the man but I only sank deeper into the metal wall behind me. At first, I flinched under the pressure but I built up the courage to roll my eyes as if I didn't care and mutter, "Whatever."
  "You're a pain in the ass," the guard gave me enough harsh shove forward so I could continue the trek down the growingly familiar hallway.
  Trying to bite my tongue at the sharp pain emanating from my wrist, I ignored it by focusing on walking. My heart was beating out of control and I could tell that the guard was in an extra spicy mood today. I didn't want to deal with that considering I felt like I was already breaking down emotionally. Focusing on what's in front of me, I ignored any thoughts that threatened their way into my mind until we were outside of the door of the cafeteria. I swallowed hard then the guard shoved me into the room after opening the door. Luckily I caught myself again as I glanced up at a nearby figure.
  Seeing him made a breath of relief pour out of me. Tony noticed I was behind him as he turned around with a forced smile but it quickly scrunched together to form a look of concern when he noticed my expression. Before I knew it, his arms were wrapped around me so I embraced the hug and hid my face in his shoulder. The urge to break down into tears was sharp but I suppressed it as I squeezed tighter.
  "Are you okay, Sam?" his chest rumbled from his deeper voice.
  So I forced a smile and my head to nod into his shoulder as I explained, "It's been a rough night."
  "For you and me both..." Tony mumbled.
  It was brave of him to keep his voice steady and I envied at how well he could hide his emotions. However, I knew it was something that my uncle and Professor Terrain talked about yesterday that was bothering Tony. So, I pulled away from his comforting arms to read his eyes.
  "It wasn't something good, was it?" my voice was soft.
  "Apparently a guy that kidnaps people and forces them to work for him is not trying to figure out the cure for cancer," Tony pointed out, sarcastically.
  My eyebrows knit together in curiosity, "Then what is it?"
  Tony stopped and took a deep breath as he looked down in thought, "How do I explain this to a kid that hasn't been to college yet?" then his gaze flickered toward me to find a reaction.
  So, in response, I crossed my arms and glared at him, "Very funny."
  "Okay, so... he's working with black holes. He's trying to figure out a way to manipulate the current while still being able to contain the force of the vortex. You know, without getting the whole earth sucked in..." Stark explained slowly.
  "As science-y as that sounds, it also sounds really stupid. What's he to gain from that?" I wondered.
  Tony nodded at the statement then continued, "Terrain thinks he can use it for space travel. Teleportation essentially."
  However, I was still confused, "You don't think it'll work?"
  "There's a greater chance of it expanding out of our control and sucking the earth inside," he admitted nonchalantly. 
  "Then why would he risk it?" I questioned.
  So, Tony rubbed his forehead as he thought of ways of explaining it to me, "Okay, for guys like Terrain, sometimes they just have to know. Sometimes we - yes, I'm guilty of it too - push science a little further than we should, and we screw up."
  In response, I lifted my eyebrow, "Yeah, sounds familiar."
  "Oh shush," Tony nudged me with his elbow then added sarcastically, "What's a few casualties to him if he figures out something that's been bugging him forever?"
  Although, I knit my eyebrows together, "'A few casualties'?! This is billions of people we're talking about!"
  Stark sighed stressfully and turned away, "I know."
  However, I didn't really get the vibe that Tony knew exactly what we were dealing with now so I hardened my look, "Tony, you can't let this get out of hand. Or I'll do something we'll all regret."
  "Relax, Sam-"
  I clenched my jaw tighter, "I'm serious."
  "Okay, I'll figure out a way to get us out of here. But no doing anything stupid without my approval. Understand?" his voice turning stern.
  So I gave a quick nod, "Deal."
  With another sigh, Tony changed the subject, "Now go eat."
  Obediently, I turned my head to look at the table with food on it to find boxes of pizza and soda cans on the table. The corner of my lips peeked into a grin as I exclaimed, "Oh, yes!" The pizza looking exquisitely delicious right now. So I jogged to the food and grabbed a plate, then I opened the different boxes of pizza to find what's inside. I grabbed two slices of pepperoni pizza and slapped them down on the plate. After grabbing a can of soda, I raced back to a table in a hurry to stuff the food in my mouth. So, I picked up one of the pieces and bit the end off. I hummed with satisfaction at the food and found myself starting to eat faster.
  Soon, Stark sat down beside me and we ate together in silence. It wasn't awkward or anything but it was more of a comfortable silence. Sitting down to eat with Tony while guards were near by was starting to become habitual. It wasn't making me uncomfortable anymore as I finished up the pizza and the drink. Then I threw away my stuff and sat back down beside Tony.
  "If you want anything, just ask the guards and they should get it for you," Tony explained as he finished up his own lunch. "You get a shower every day after lunch. Anything else you think you need?"
  My head started spinning with thoughts and ideas until I finally replied, "What about clothes?"
  So Stark responded, "New clothes should be provided for you after a shower."
  Although, I paused to let that sink in but my mind drifted to something else, "You're being treated fine, right?"
  Almost surprised, Tony finally connected his eyes with mine as he smiled reassuringly, "Probably better than you are."
  I turn my eyes on the table as I leaned against Tony's shoulder. The action made a lot of weight seem to disappear as I got closer to Tony. He was someone that I trusted my life with and I cared for him the same.
  Tony shifted so he could wrap his arm around my shoulder as he pulled me closer into his chest. In a normal situation, I would be very shocked by the show of affection but - right now - it didn't linger in my head for a while. Considering, the situation was definitely not average.
  "Hey!" the bark pulled us from the serenity. So I snapped my attention behind me and noticed a guard had stepped forward. As he crossed his arms, he pointed out, "Time's up."
  We both stood from the table but before the guards could step toward us I wrapped my arms around Tony in one last feeling of security before being dragged back to my cell. Luckily, he didn't leave me hanging as he held me back for comfort.
  A hand latched onto my wrist as they pulled me away from the man. "Hey!" I complained as I was being dragged toward the door out of the lunchroom. I glanced up at the guard then turned my head back to Tony.
  Stark forced a smile for my sake as he dipped his head, "See you tomorrow, Sam."
  In frustration, I clenched my jaw as they pulled me out into the hall and shut the door. My view of Tony was blocked which made a pang of fear rip at my heart. Behind the door, out of Tony's view, these guys could do anything to me and he wouldn't even know about it or would be able to stop it.
  Even though I wasn't looking ahead, one of the guards shoved me forward so I slammed into a stiff but soft object. However, when I looked up, I realized it was my personal guard. He raised his eyebrow then reached down and gripped my wrist tightly.
  Pain seared through my arms, radiating from my wrist, but I ignored it as I snapped, "Jerk!"
  "Sorry I don't treat my prisoners as princesses," the man pointed out.
  "Well, you don't have to-," I started but couldn't finish my sentence as I gasped and fell to my hands and knees when two large hands slammed into my back. My jaw tightened in anger but I was honestly relieved that the pressure on my wrists stopped. The door behind me slammed and I kept my breathing under control as I rubbed my sore wrists. 
  Great, stuck in this stupid cell again. 

(Hey everyone! Since I posted a day late, I will post a second chapter for today :) I hope everyone is enjoying the story! 
~~~~~ LL2z)