Nice Catch

The fall was long, cold, and uncertain. My body was in such shock that no scream came from my mouth. Then a darkened thought came into my head; was I ever going to hit the ground? However, my thoughts were cut short as a roar shook the sky. Then I noticed a figure coming toward me. It was hard to focus on it because my brain was spinning too hard and it felt like I was about to pass out. The figure reached me faster than I figured it would as he caught me in midair. It was then that I realized the figure was-... green?
  My savior landed on the side of the mountain that the building was on then it set me down in the snow. My legs wobbled since they didn't feel like they were working. They felt like thin pieces of lead that would snap at any moment. So, I crashed to my hands and knees to catch my breath and allow my brain to catch up with me. Eventually, I glanced up at the huge monster in front of me.
  I crawled back slightly but took a deep breath and mumbled uncertainly, "Thanks, Hulk...?"
  There was a gruff grunt in response as the green man with the purple pants gave me a quick nod then bounded off to help the Avengers. I figured that the hulk left because he didn't want to hurt me and how else could he help me? So, I took a long moment until I gathered my bearings and finally stood up.
  The world was spinning around me but I took a deep breath and watched as it seeped out of my mouth. That's when I noticed the snow that surrounded me. It was freezing. My short sleeve shirt and thin pants weren't helping the chilled wind that nipped at me. I took a step in the thick snow to realize it covered my ankles then I knew that my thin little tennis shoes were not going to be a match for the unforgiving snow. A jolt of cold shot through me as well as pain but I had to ignore that. So, I started my trek back to the building.
   While I walked, my thoughts were spinning. That was the first time I had seen the hulk and I was pretty grateful that I was still alive. Then my thoughts wandered back to me almost dying. The little stunt did not help me with my fear of heights and I knew that my body was still trembling, not just from the cold. Alas, I couldn't think on this too much or else I was about to break down. So, instead, I focused on the tracks that my feet were leaving in the snow.
  Eventually, the building stood in front of me so I looked around for a way to get to the roof since I could hear the whooshing of a helicopter. I knew it had to be SHIELD's, or I at least had to hope. So, I picked up the pace as I jogged close to the side of the mountain. There was an elevator inside I could use, however, not only was it dangerous but my eyes caught the sight of a flight of stairs on the side of the mountain. With a huff of determination - and a little bit of annoyance - I pressed on up the stairs. At this point, my body was screaming at me and everything felt on the verge of shattering. Although, faint voices sounded from the stairs and I could finally see the helicopter.
  I reached the top of the flat roof so I took in my surroundings. There were a couple of planes but my gaze scanned the area until I noticed the familiar faces that made my heart skip. Tony and Steve were face-to-face talking. A smile started on my lips but it stopped when I noticed their expression. Steve's head was down with a regretful expression and his body slouched in guilt. In his hand was my bracelet. While Tony was staring at it with his jaw open and pain in his eyes. I had never seen Tony look like that. He looked genuinely heartbroken from grief.
  Wait... They didn't think I was gone, did they? Did Steve not see Hulk yank me from the sky? My heartbeat slowed down then quickened as I continued my way to the helicopter again. From the looks of it, the only two heroes here were Stark and Rogers so all of the other Avengers and SHIELD were probably still inside finishing everything. I would also think that the building was falling apart so they were probably trying to hurry.
  Although, my mind pushed past that when Tony's gaze shifted to look at me. At first, he took a moment to process what he was looking at then he narrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "Sam?"
  At the name, Steve's head shot up to look at Stark then he turned to look at me. So, a smile spread across my face as I stepped closer to the only family I had left.
  Tony snapped into action and he ran toward me then picked me up into his arms. My feet weren't touching the ground anymore so I wrapped my feet around his waist, clung onto him with my arms, and buried my face into Tony's shoulder. By now, every single emotion that I had since day one started pouring out of me as I cried into his shoulder; happiness, fear, shock, terror, confusion, joy. It was all overwhelming but it didn't last long and luckily Stark didn't put me down until I wiped the last tear.
  Tony squatted slightly so he could be eye level with me, "Are you okay, Sam?" he brushed away any new tears.
  So, I nodded and smiled to prove that I was fine. Then, I turned my head to look at Steve who still appeared guilty and unsure. Which made me step closer to him, and pull his arm so I could reach to wrap my arms over his shoulders.
  Fortunately, Steve embraced me back as he mumbled, "I'm sorry, Sam."
  I shook my head and reassured him, "It's not your fault. Besides, it wouldn't be the first building I fell off of... And I have a feeling that it won't be my last..."
  He pulled away and looked down at me, "But how did you-."
  "We got to go guys!" the voice cut him off. I turned my attention to Natasha jogging up to us with Clint behind her. "The building is about to collapse any minute. I think SHIELD is ready, so let's go," she motioned to the nearby helicopter.
  The few of us nodded so Natasha and Clint lead the way to the helicopter. Then Steve slipped into the aircraft while Tony was about to be next but I paused and turned my head to notice a clothed, human Bruce jogging up to us.
  Before he could reach the helicopter, I touched his wrist, "Hey," I stopped him. "Thanks for saving me," then I stepped close to him and wrapped my arms around Banner, "I owe ya one."
  Bruce smiled when I let go then, after a moment, he too jogged into the helicopter. Tony grabbed onto my hand and lead me into the large aircraft and soon the helicopters started to take off. My anxiety wasn't going crazy mostly because I felt safe with everyone here. Steve, Natasha, and Clint were sitting in front of me while I sat between Bruce and Tony. I slid closer to Stark then laid my head against his shoulder, finding myself about to blackout since I was so tired and the adrenaline was wearing off quickly. Tony didn't seem to mind as I drifted off into sleep. I was finally safe.