RTOL 1

Chapter 1

We sang Oath by Cher Lloyd with our lungs off when the chorus came, "Wherever you go just always remember that you've got a home from now and forever and if you get low just call me whenever this is my oath to you."

On the passenger seat was my best friend, Jodie, we're both bopping in time to the music. Making a million friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a friend who will stand by you when millions are against you. A true friend is the greatest of all blessings.

The song continued playing in the local radio but suddenly a four-way stop sign took out the worst in me. First, I have to slow down which lead to a full-stop. Second, we have to stop singing to keep my focus. Third, which is most creepy of all, I have to wait for train of cars to cross.

We both fell exhausted hen the song finally finished. Just in time, I had to stop on the curb and star on a parking space and put the ignition off causing the engine and I to die. Driving is my life. Yes, it is.

"Happy birthday, Mitch!" a group of people from one corner greeted me then to the other, as I and Jodie approached them. Party music played in the background and it somehow brought my nerves more alive. I was pulled from one table to another, some also congratulated me for my recent win.

I took a glance around as the flashing lights and the dark surroundings was a hindrance. Fellow NASCAR drivers from other teams closest to me were present, my team from Parker Racing—except for Tyler.

"Where's Tyler?" I asked Jodie, moving a feet towards her.

"He's here," her gaze traveled to the door. I saw the blush rushed up to her cheeks. She must be kidding! "They're here!"

Who's here? Tyler?

And as if someone from above me heard the question, two guys trotted across the room, apparently heading towards our direction. Now that I could clearly see them as they got nearer, they couldn't be just guys at all—they could be Batman and Robin—with their perfect look as a boss and a sidekick. The taller one must be Marcus, I was pretty sure of that. He was in his black leather jacket with a white inside shirt, a pair of pale jeans folded at the end, and brown boots that added to his height a little. The other guy—the handsome one, I guessed must be the one Jodie's hook up.

"I thought you were after Kyle?" I threw her a sharp look and rolled my eyes.

She walked a completely circle around me, "That was last week. Kyle wasn't good in, you know."

"You invited them?"

"Yes, of course. What are neighbors are for? And I want you to meet Peter."

"God," I groaned aloud in frustration. Now, I have to add up Peter on my list as one of Jodie's kinky fuckery so that I won't lost track of it.

Neighbors? What is she talking about? Oh Peter, I had mistaken him as Robin, he's Spiderman and she must have been in love in that Spidey kiss.

I stared at them. It was a monumental job for me. I glanced at my watch, its quarter to ten. My lips pressed shut, and I stare at them once more. Marcus and I were froze at our spot when both of them kissed full on the mouth while holding their faces with both hands. My loud clearing of throat finally made them realize that they've taken matters out of hand. It must be already the kick of the wine to Jodie at the dinner earlier. She must have drank too much of it. Well, alcohols make you do things that you only dream about.

"Mitch, this is Peter. Guys, of course, you know each other, this is Mitch, and this is Marcus." Jodie spoke with a touch of joy in every word, sounding like we've not known each other yet. I pretty well know Marcus but not Peter, he was a fellow NASCAR driver from the other team which he also co-own with his father's colleagues.