RTOL 11

Chapter 11

Another day had passed.

"What's the plan?" I asked, keeping my eye on the road. Surely there had to be one, Concord is great. I had to make sure to have a fun trip aside from winning the race.

"We're flying tomorrow," Jodie answered smiling, focusing on her phone.

"I know. I mean, what's our itinerary before the race?"

She looked at me, her eyes free of emotion. "Great Wolf Lodge."

"What are we going to do there? Try another one? I want to relax and try something new."

She really thought that I was going to brush her off, moving slightly away from me while I drive.

She smiled, "I was just kidding."

She made her attention back to her phone.

"It says here that it's a great place for family outing but we can't go there because we only have one day ahead of the race," she explained grinning playfully, stressing the word 'family'.

For a moment, the legendary silence followed.

"Thanks for allowing me to date again with Peter."

"Well, everything isn't all about me. Just take it slow. Besides, seeing my best friend happy makes me also happy. Allowing you to formally date with Peter is the least I can do."

I smiled at her, giving her an overwhelming feeling.

"Are you two taking it seriously already? The Jodie that I know before was a 'one night only girl'. She doesn't date a man again after finding out his imperfections. Maybe Peter is the one that you're searching for. Am I right?"

She nodded. "He's such a gentleman, a handsome one, I say. He has a high sense of humour yet he listens. I didn't expect that he knows how to dance. He's someone that I can be proud of and he's charming. What else? He's also good in bed too." Jodie admires him that much.

"Enough. Peter's perfect in your eyes. You like him just the way he is." I asked, bursting out a laugh. I was expecting this.

Her cheeks bloomed a blush.

I ended up jerking my lips on one side remembering my ex-boyfriend Tyler Gordon, my fellow driver in Parker Racing. He's good at it, too. We only last for three months because it wasn't working already. The bottom line was I don't have any feelings for him, he knew it. I did try. Tyler was a man of truth. He would never lie to temporarily ease your pain.

If truth hurts, learn from it.

That was his motto, making him accept the fact that I don't like him—that much. I lived by it as well. We remain good friends despite of wrecking each other on the track for three times and even trended in the social media, 'The Boyfriend Trilogy of Wrecks'.

The worst part of the ride on the way back to our place was the song played on the local radio, Passenger's Seat. I loved that song ever since I first heard it, but when I remembered that playing in the rain kind of night when Marcus turned on the radio while we're on our way to the speedway, like we were making a freaking music video.

I just had to start hating the song. I turned the radio off and deleted it on my phone. I could never listen to it the same way I did before. Childish? Not really.

I never thought of myself packing for a three-day stay in Concord I was impatient for these kind of things but I did so that I won't always depend to Jodie.

I wanted everything to be usual as before that I felt nothing towards him. Marc did nothing as well as I am. Sad to say that I realized he was doing all those deeds out of pity, right? It was just incredibly unbelievable that I had the urge that night to tell him everything.