Finish Line

Note: Thanks to those people who stayed until the finish line. You all rock!

Epilogue

4 years later......

Wedding bells ringing. Carlo drove me to the church where everyone else was waiting. I can't imagine how to be a bride in my own wedding, walking in the aisle with my lacy veil, a bouquet of flowers in my hand, a groom waiting at the altar while the Bridal March is being played, and how I and my partner turn a simple vow into a lifetime commitment that something that will lasts forever.

I dressed in a white dress that really fits to the curve of my body. The church door opened, people were busy chattering waiting for the most beautiful girl of this day—the bride, and diverted their attention to the door when the Bridal March was played. After all, it was supposed to be the bride's special day and it is an unspoken rule that they shall be the most beautiful girl in the crowd.

I'm the most beautiful girl in the crowd.

The church is seemed to be filled and there were no empty chairs at the back. Tyler was on his black tuxedo, wiping his tears with the back and palm of his hands as I walked down. He looks perfect as I get nearer to the altar, his well-fitted suit can't deny the shape of his body. I still can't get over to the fact that this man made my lady parts jelly as I raked over his body while he's bare chested.

My heart fluttered that the man who were crazily in love to me is getting married, but not to me. Well, that was before. Now, that he found his new love, I can't explain how happy I am for him. After energies renewed, tears dried, we still chose to be part of each other's lives.

It is always nice to know how the relationship grew and built from there. They met in the Philippines where Tyler went for a vacation, they went on their first date after a week, moved in together after one year, and he proposed during a dinner after six months. She's a writer/author. Maybe, she moved the man's heart, mind, body, and soul. It all went fast, he's a racer and he have always love the thrill of speed like I am. I have heard this kind of love story a hundred times. There was nothing great about it. Let's just keep her in the name, Sarah. They're meant to be, right? S can be found before T, they're always right next to each other.

I sat beside Jodie as the mass started. That's the only way I could blend in after walking behind the bride for being late. Peter was next to her.

"You're late," Jodie mumbled.

"My meeting was extended because we still got a lot of important matters to talk to."

"Fine, Ms. CEO."

We were like some freaking idiots mumbling and whispering at each other, just enough that only the two of us can hear. Hope so.

My eyes started to water when the priest said, "Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only with what you're expecting to give—which is everything. So Sarah and Tyler, don't forget to show each other the love that you feel toward one another."

His words were somehow makes sense. Telling someone how you feel may sound easy but showing it isn't. It takes a lot of courage, a tank of tears, a rain of heartaches, you might be torn into pieces but in the end, you'll get the best prize in your life that you've never had.

"By the power vested in me, I announce you man and wife." They're now officially married! Everyone inside the church clapped and I couldn't help by clapping along with them as the tears in my eyes were still streaming down my cheeks.

The next few hours or so were spent at a hall with glittering wine glasses, golden table cloths and silver chairs, lovely centerpieces, and marvelously dressed people. Trying to keep myself smile, I looked at the people around me. They almost danced every dance played while I was frozen on my spot alone and the taste of the wine still lingering on my mouth.