RTOL 4

Chapter 4

I was really tired last night and all I wanted is to go to bed and sleep. I even didn't wait for my hair to dry. I haven't seen any dryer in his bathroom. Thank God that the soap and shampoo in his bathroom was not just for men, or else I'll smell like masculine.

"Mitch." I recognized her voice right away, knocking on the door. I was up and brushed my hair with my fingers. "Mitch."

Manhattan can be seen through the open blinds of the room, even the rays of the sun was striking straight on my poor eyes.

I never knew that I'll have a good night sleep. If I am not that tired, I won't sleep with him. I mean, I won't sleep in his apartment, in this bedroom, I'll wait for Jodie out there.

"What?" I said, my voice croaky.

"It's already nine, I thought you have something up to? It's hot as hell and so the news too. But Peter will take care of it."

It then followed a series of knocks.

I heard someone talked to her but the door was making it difficult.

I heard her footsteps fading. I slowly stood and took a few steps to open the door but before it, I took a sight out of the glass window. Seeing Manhattan in this kind of morning made my mood new and fresh as I thought. I saw people coming out walking in the downtown and cars lining up on the street.

My mouth almost dropped when I burst the door open, revealing Marcus sitting in the breakfast bar in white long-sleeves folded up to the elbow, and a pair of dark grey pants. He looks like more of a CEO of a top company in New York or a heartthrob professor in Literature and History. He's not that cool as I thought and his look keeps me reminding that he's not my type.

Across him was Peter, next to Peter was Jodie. They're savouring the aroma of coffee which I found taste so good because I smell it from the bedroom doorway. There's something they are talking about but my distance was making it difficult. As I get closer to them, my two eyes saw Peter's hand on my friend's waist. I smell something. The smell of it was as good as the coffee.

"You know, there's something sexy about women doing men things," Marcus pinned his eyes at me as I get closer to them. "Hi," he greeted with a smile.

Then, Peter suddenly removed his hands on Jodie's waist. Both looked behind to see a goddess—me.

"Hello," I smiled back. Awkward. Probably forever.

"Have some coffee. It might set you in a great mood," he offered, pouring me a cup.

I admit that he never showed me rudeness from the beginning but I don't know why he's making my blood boil in rage even if I haven't know him well. I must have been wrong. Really, first impression last. From now on, I should not be rude to him. He became my Batman for a night, fed me with Beef Ramen that tastes so good, gave me space in his home, and now, offering me a cup of coffee. If I hate him having good time with women, I should put it aside because once and for all, I should mind my own business. Why on earth that I have to realize everything so goddamn late?

"Thanks," I mumbled before taking the bar stool right next to him.

I sipped and amazed of the strong smell of the freshly brewed coffee that I'm pretty sure that Marc was the one who prepared, it was near to perfection. I almost forgot who's yummier, the man beside me or the coffee.

"Let's go," Peter looked at Marcus after finishing his cup.

"Stay here, Pete. I can manage," Marc stood up, picking up the Louis Vuitton body bag on top of the bar. His smile nailed it and so his look. "Ladies, I'm up for something today. Pete will take care both of you. Suit yourselves."