RTOL 24

Chapter 24

I had misplaced my bathing suit. I don't know where it was and I'm not going back ashore just to have one.

"Where on earth did I put it?" I exclaimed as I rummage one of the two bags I brought.

I know it's not that big deal to get a new one, but I have a few fairly good reasons.

One. It was cute. It was a white one piece suit that doesn't reveal a lot of skin but reveals my perfectly-shaped figure.

Two. It is expensive and got no other duplicates.

Three, I don't go swimming often so having two sets would really just be impractical.

And four, we were already far from ashore. I don't want to be a burden just for a bathing suit.

Plus! I remembered that I put it on my bag last night right before I sleep. It must be just right here. Giving up, I sank on the bed and put back the things I rummaged on my bag. Just when I placed the last item, my phone buzzed. Since I turned my bag and the room into damaged by a storm, I misplaced my phone. All I heard was buzzing and a light muzzled sound from the ringtone.

Looking around for the source, a familiar clothing caught my sight placed at the top of a pillow, folded perfectly. Sighing, I pulled it up to inspect and my eyes widened. Fate was clearly toying with me right now.

"How did this get here?" I asked, hanging at the tip of my index finger was a bathing suit which I am looking the whole time.

I even forgot that my phone rings. After a few more rings, it reminded me again that I have a call to pick up. I finally found it—it was under the bed and I thought that I have to put some little effort just to get it back. I planked myself on the floor, feeling the feathery texture of the carpet. I tried to reach it but I can't. Realizing that I was so stupid not knowing my phone got there under the bed, I thought for the very same reason that fate is playing with me.

I don't possess a skill to make my hand elastic. So, what I did was I scooted my trunk under the bed to reach my phone.

"Gotcha!" I exclaimed, as soon as I got it and answered it in instant my skin had contact with it without checking who the caller was because I was too lazy to call the person back if it stop ringing.

"Hello."

"Hi, my princess."

I promptly knew it was dad. No one else calls me 'my princess' except for him and my mother and those familiar manly near to whisper voice because he just recovered. "Oh, it's you dad."

"You sound surprised. Don't you checked who's calling before you answer?"

"Aye." I rubbed the base of my neck and blush in embarrassment. Of course, he taught me to never speak to strangers ever since I got out from mom's womb. Same old daddy—full of reminders. "I'm sorry dad but I didn't want to call back if it stop ringing and it might have been an emergency and using the two seconds might be enough to save someone's life."

"Well, if that's the way you put it." Dad trailed off, "I miss you my princess."

"I missed you too, dad. I'll drop by at the hospital before I'll go home tonight. Okay?"

"Okay, my princess. Bye."

"Mitch," mom called out my name from the other line but I ejected the call right away. It made me feel numb. Yes, it made me feel numb. Oh no! It isn't obvious that I am panicking. Because Marc entered the room topless and only a white towel covering the down part of his trunk. I didn't know what to do when I saw the towel slid down and dropped on the floor. All I could think is to hide. I scooted my whole body under the bed. Hopefully, he won't see me.