RTOL 7

Chapter 7

"It's not really..." Marcus trailed off when he saw the look on my eyes. "Okay, fine." My face was getting frustrated and then he just laughed.

"What are you laughing at? That I'm such a failure in the kitchen? It's Photoshop, Marc and this is the exact look when Jodie's the one working on the kitchen," I reasoned, looking at the dish.

We were able to cook it but it didn't turn out like it was in the picture.

"So much for effort..." I grumbled as I went out to the kitchen serving my royal guest.

When he got the look at our work, his eyes went to me. "Maybe the chicken danced with us, that's why."

Both of us just laughed and I sat down across the table from him.

It doesn't look so good but it taste like it.

While we're having a meal, most of our topics were trivial matters, corny jokes as well as knock-knock jokes, nothing personal. I figured out that he's a type of guy that has a very high sense of humor.

"Knock, knock."

I furrowed my brows. "Enough, Marc. I can't managed to throw up in front of you."

"Last one!" he insisted, raising his pointer finger. "Knock, knock." He let out a small laugh.

"Who's there?" I rolled my eyes, creasing my forehead.

"Mitch." He grinned, his eye bags became more visible.

"Mitch, who?" I picked up my glass, drank the left water slowly and put it back.

"It could be so nice growing old with you...I'll Mitch you, kiss you, give you my coat when you are cold," he paused, grinning, waiting for my reaction. Inwardly, I felt that I was a girl in a music video. I was the lady waiting for life to start, patiently waiting for his touch. I mentally slapped my face. I forced to burst out a laugh to his so-called joke. I don't know why that I felt something all of a sudden. "Need you, feed you, even let you hold the remote control. So, let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink. Push you to bed when you'd have too much to drink. I could be the man who grows old with you." He picked our dishes and put it down on the sink. He winked at me right before he ended the song. "I wanna grow old with you."

A blush blossomed in my face. He asked bursting a laugh, "What?"

Determined to redeem myself. "Just shut up," I demanded, grinning, moving him off the kitchen counter. I started to swipe away the dirt from the dishes.

"Fine, you know what? I really admire you as the only woman who had a back to back champion in the Sprint Cup Series and you're getting near for a THREEpeat win. How did you do that?" he said, leaning his both arms on the kitchen sink, eager to see my reaction.

"It's just a matter of dedication and inspiration. Your dad's my idol. No matter how tired you are, if you are inspired, you will survived. Just go and go until you reach your goal but just be sensitive with the stoplights," I answered, soaping the dishes.

"Oh, my dad," he sighed. "Maybe your dad really brought you into cars that's why you really love racing. Anyway, you're not kidding that my dad's your idol, right?"

You just don't know how they keep me away from cars and from racing.

"Of course not. Your dad's really good in the track."

"Good thing that you have a family that really supports you. There's AMD Motor Holdings, your mom and dad must've been proud of you. Their only heiress is a racer, a big pull for the company."