RTOL 3

Chapter 3

"Give me five minutes," he said, walking down to the kitchen and I was left alone in the living room. Our unit was the same that's why I know the roundabout it. His unit was a feminine-like design of all-white color and I have those pretty-obvious design that is suitable for a race car driver—a mix of red, yellow, and black.

He picked up a navy blue bathrobe from the arm rest of the sofa and wore it. He remembered to wore one at the moment he was not already facing me but when he went out and asked me to get in, he forgot or he did it with intent.

I walked further inside, looked around the entire place, two bookshelves caught my attention. As I get closer to it and according to my instinct, most of the books that was placed on the shelf were Law books. I frowned and walked to them, my eyes scanning thick hardbound books and some are probably novels of bestselling authors.

"These are Law books," I said as my hands dug them. Beside the bookshelves, there's a small corner and a table with picture frames lining on it.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I crazily talked to his picture. And all the while I was standing there, a girl worth millions.

"Because you're beautiful." His cool, sexy, and husky voice made me shiver because of his sudden appearance behind. He then let out a small laugh. "C'mon!" He jerked his lips on one side and walked towards the kitchen. "It's already cooked."

"What? You cooked this late?" I said, following him into the kitchen.

"Time is not the one who's eating, Mitch. Besides, we both need something hot to eat, especially you, you're drowned," he answered as he pours me a bowl. His table is squeaky clean, two bowls on both sides, and a book that as far as I know, Paulo Coelho is the author.

"It smells really good," I praised.

His smile nailed it. He then poured a bowl into his and flipped a page of the book he was reading.

He's read the last pages of the book, cried the whole way up and laughed the whole way down, told me some scenes that worth a thousand different meanings.

"So," only that word came out from my mouth because I don't know what to respond. He didn't say a word but only closed the book he was previously reading and continued the good taste of his Ramen. I salute him to the best Ramen I've ever tasted my whole life. I finished my first bowl for five minutes and had another one. Marcus was just watching me with amusement.

"Adultery," I read the title of the book from the table while he's washing the bowls. It's good for a man doing household chores.

He looked at me saying, "Don't judge the book by its title."

"I know. A bestselling author like him can only have excellent reviews from a typical reader like me."

"Good to hear that. For the first time, we agreed in one thing." He wiped his hands and leaned on the counter top.

"NC or NY?"

"Doesn't sound you're thrilled about us agreeing in one thing?"

He glanced down at his hands, which were still resting at the counter top.

"It's not so bad," I told him. "Really, you'll find some things to like about here."

He shook his head. "It's too crowded, you can't even breathe here." The corner of his mouth twitched then he frowned. "There are no open spaces."

"There's a whole park just block away."

"You can't see the stars." After a brief moment that I was silent he said, "I'd take that as an admission. Silence means yes." He tilted his head as if to say I told you so, then he gave a little shrug.