RTOL 22

Chapter 22

"The first line was good but the whole song conveys about break up. It sucks, right?" he said as we face each other to dance. He took my left hand in his right, his left behind my back and my right on his shoulder. We didn't have to follow any complicated steps. We just danced to the rhythm of the song which I found so good to the ears.

I just nodded. He gently pulled me closer and I leaned my forehead against his right shoulder. I was thankful to the dark dance floor because I felt I could steal this moment with Marcus without anyone else interfering.

"Baby, now that I've found you," Marcus started to hum. His voice was barely a whisper, but I could still make out the words of the song from his lips near my ear. "I won't let you go. I built my world around you, I need you so," he continued, each word becoming shadowy by each second. "Baby, even though. You don't need me, now." He did the most unexpected thing by pushing me away and twirled me around slowly, his right hand guiding me.

I gently let out a small squeal as he pulled me back in his arm. His head bent and I could feel his smile as our cheeks touch.

Oh God, why did he have to be so perfect?

When the music stopped and the lights went back again, I felt I was being stabbed, jabbed, and slapped. That was the best dance ever but I wasn't satisfied—that was only a taste of delicious twinge of pleasure. But then again, I don't know if he feels the same way for me.

Love is a risk. How will I know the answer if I won't ask? How will I win the lottery if I won't bet? How will I know that a mango is sweet or sour if I won't taste it?

Oh my gosh! Why am I saying to myself all this?

"Mitch, Mitch, wait a second," he cut me off, coming over, and wrapped me in a hug. "Psshhh," he hissed.

I wasn't expecting that moment. It made my heartbeat faster. If I could just stay in his arms forever, I would do it. I took a couple of deep breathes then pulled back.

"I'll go upstairs. I need to do something," I said, adding, "I'll see you here."

After slipping between a lot of people that got nothing to do but to greet and ask me if how I was going, I escaped on the second floor where there are only a few people lingering around. Most of them were old—trying to escape from tons of people. At least there's room to breathe. The familiar face from the door in the corner or shall I say the ladies' room walked over to me.

I thought she was with Aaron. If I'm not mistaken, she was urged by her bladder.

"Hey, Mitch!" Vanessa exclaimed. "You're so beautiful."

"I will take that as a compliment. Thank you." I nodded in excitement. "So, are you guys having fun?"

"It's great!" I saw a smile crawled up her face. "So, did Marc tell you already?"

What is Marc going to say? I was completely blank, really. I felt the blood rushed up on my face.

"Nevermind, forget that I'd asked you this."

Mentally shaking myself, this girl I hate lately is now the girl that I really like. Spell stupid. M-I-T-C-H! I really thought at first that she was his lover but the truth slapped me that she was his younger sister. Where's justice?

On my way to my room, I grabbed a drink from a waiter roaming around. Mom approached me ushered by her wards. "Can you excuse us for a minute?" she requested and they followed. "Dear, I know you said earlier that it's not the right time to tell me why you broke up with Tyler but I am just curious and I am very sorry for that. Is Marcus the reason behind?" she held my hand, waiting for my response.