RTOL 5

Chapter 5

As our way gets close to the elevator, I thought of a very well nice answers for possible questions generated very close to my instinct. Hopefully, it would erase all their doubts. I smiled as my fingers knotting before the elevator gives a ding! What's with elevators?

"Mitch! Mitch!"

The hell is empty, they're all here.

Reporters immediately proceeded with their questions as I went out to the building. Multiple voices mixed with the clicking sounds of the cameras resulting to a rather noisy commotion. "After a colossal fight where you were involved last night in a bar, were you hurt?"

I shook my head, "Well, as what you can see, I'm pretty fine."

Some of them greeted me after they asked. Dozens of questions followed after that, but one reporter's question stood out from the rest. "Was Marcus with you in celebrating your birthday?"

I don't know what to say. "Yes, he was. He's my fellow NASCAR driver. " Then after that, series of question followed about him.

"A question answerable by yes or no. All of us knows here that you two often sees each other in the track but we don't know what's happening behind. Are you two dating?"

"Absolutely, a no." I smiled.

"Marcus, wouldn't act like that if he felt nothing special for you. Do you feel something special about him?"

I stretched a giggle before I answered, "Every one of us is special. He's special, he's a good racer, a nice guy perhaps."

"How could you say that he's a nice guy?"

I nodded, my brows met. "He's a nice guy because he cares to the people around him."

"Do you like him?"

"I can't say a no, right? I might look rude. So, it's a yes. As what I've said earlier, he's nice."

A persistent young reporter managed to squeeze out from the rumbling noise. "What about Tyler Gordon?"

I smiled sweetly at them. I had to end this interview or else I'm gonna be late. I regret for not pursuing show business, I like to play this games. I better craft my acting skill as soon as possible, it's not yet too late. Show business is more fun as what you might think.

Jodie guided me to our way until we climbed in to my car. Peter was waiting to open the door. I climbed in then Jodie. Peter circled around the car and took the driver's seat.

Jodie cracked as soon as we climbed in. "You sounded like you were more in show business, safe."

Completely awkward and uncomfortable on the backseat, Jodie and Peter enjoying the rhythm of Passenger's Seat, I was utterly out of place to both of them. They sang with their lungs out, Peter keeping an eye on the wheel and Jodie staring at him from time to time.

I was just making myself busy while we're making our way to the traffic inside Manhattan. My phone was my saviour, scrolling my inbox and contacts up and down, I stopped when I almost replied everyone 'Thank you.' and some non-sense messages of what pops out of my mind.

While there's somebody else holding the wheel of my black Range Rover, petting a girl's arms at the same time on the clutch back in an effort to keep an eye on the road, I shouted when I took the chance he's not looking on the road, "Look!"

Jodie almost slammed her way head on the dashboard when Peter suddenly took a step on the break. She must thank her strong arms. I look like a star of the night or the sun at the day while they're looking at me.