The silver lining

It was time to face the truth. Annika entered the Oberoi mansion with the rest, and she was dreading her meeting with Pinky. Daadi came running to welcome her. Tears of happiness were escaping her eyes. "I am so happy my Billu and Annika finally found their way to each other! How are you now putter? Billu told me you saved his life again?". "Err No Daadi, it was an accident, I didn't..." she was cut short by Pinky "Of course you didn't, but you probably also didn't know that my son spent a month away from his home, hovering around you!" "No Aunty I knew, because he stayed back for me! I asked him to go but he wanted to stay, and he told me everyone at home was okay with it!" Shivaay looked away now, not wanting to meet eyes with her. "Shivaay?" She enquired? "He told me putter...and I told him to be with you! If someone saves somebody's life that's the least he can do, help the person who took a bullet for you!" Daadi glared at Pinky. "My son doesn't even tell me anything anymore, or even look at me because of this woman, and you are encouraging this relationship mummy ji!" Pinky started to sob seeking for attention. "You did enough damage to your relationship, the day you lied to him, and broke off his marriage Pinky, so stop blaming Annika for your mistakes, and learn to move on with life!" Shakti interfered, "Come in Beta! You always was a part of this family, and now that the two of you are engaged again, we can finally all be one family and move on!" Shakti gave Annika a fatherly hug and Shivaay felt relieved that his father was supportive. "She's marrying him for the money! And none of you are getting it!" Pinky exclaimed again, and before Shivaay could interrupt, Annika went to her and handed over an envelope she took out of her handbag. "What is this now?" Pinky asked annoyed. "It's a Pre-nup aunty!" Annika said, making everyone's heads turn to her. "WHAT? Why didn't you talk about this with me before? Annika you promised me?" Shivaay pulled her aside. "I promised you that I will do what makes me happy, even if it is you who are standing in between me and happiness. Didn't I?" He nodded "But this is? I trust you Annika, I don't want to disrespect our relationship bringing a pre-nup into it!". She squeezed his hands reassuring him that she is okay and said "You do and I know you do...everyone does except Pinky Aunty! And maybe this will help her and make it easier for her a little bit to accept me? Can you trust me on this one please?" He agreed hesitantly.

Shakti, took the papers and started screening through it. "This pre-nuptial agreement says, that in the event that they don't make it, they separate, or they file for divorce, Annika doesn't have any right over Shivaay's assets. Also if any children from the marriage, the sole responsibility of raising them, and expenses related to them will be born by Annika. She also has refused any allowance, or expensive gifts, and will be supporting her own expenses throughout this marriage!".
"WHAT? I can't even give you a gift? WTF is this Annika? This makes you happy?"
"Yes you can give me a gift Shivaay, just not bangles worth 10 Crores! There are other things I like, like roses, chocolate...aloo poori"
"So I have to now agree on a limit to spend on my wife? what nonsense?"
" What do you mean nonsense? You can give me gifts in the range that I can afford, not your billionaire type gifts!"
"Okay, you two stop it!" Shakti ordered. "Annika this is highly unnecessary! I don't agree to this!". Shivaay loved his father for this "Thank You! Dad!". "It is necessary! This girl is talking sense for once" Pinky interrupted. "I will give my blessings for your wedding if both of you sign this right now! I will send the papers to the lawyer right away, I don't trust this girl until it's notarised!" Everyone but Annika, looked appalled at Pinky's demand. " Shivaay, let's sign this and finish it off?" She pleaded.
"Annika, I know I told you to do what makes you happy, but that doesn't mean you can put me in a situation I insult your integrity!"
" I don't feel insulted, in fact I feel relieved, I could find a solution! I am never going to be able to move in here with you knowing your mother will not accept me. With this we'll at least get her blessings for the wedding, and over time I am sure she'll come around!"
" Alright then, only for you!" He sighed knowing she had a point so he agreed hesitantly.