Chapter Nine: The Plan

When the others arrived home, without Jason, Kory was already there. Everyone was standing in the kitchen waiting for the others.

"Kory?" Dick asked.

"What happened to Jason?" Kory asked.

Dick looked over at Gar and Cora. Cora decided to leave the room and have some time alone.

Gar sighed. "She thinks it's her fault."

"Well it's not. Jason would've went either way, we're lucky she was there," Dick said. Then he looked at the others. "Let's talk in the training room."

————————————————————

Cora sat in her room, eyes close, trying to read the minds of the adults who were keeping secrets. She managed to find out that they needed to trade Rose for Jason. A few of them disagreed, like Kory and Dawn, but some wanted to go ahead with it, like Hank and Donna. Dick however didn't know.

Then Cora heard the thoughts of Rachel, Gar and Rose. They were eavesdropping too. Rose had ran off, trying to escape. Gar ran to the training room to tell the others and Dick put the building on lock down.

Rose ran around the building and she came face to face with Hank. She easily won thanks to Dawn.

Cora got up from the floor and when to try and stop Rose. Rose bumped into Cora not long after. . "Cora, move."

Cora couldn't reply so she prepared to fight. Rose came at her kicking and punching. Cora caught her fist and looked into her mind. Cora and Rose seen it all, Rose's life of her and her mum, her and her dad teaming up.

Cora took her hand off Rose in shock and backed away from her.

"You?" Cora whispered.

Rose pushed passed her knocking Cora to the ground, who stayed there processing what she saw.

Gar found Cora and helped her up. She stared into the distance. Gar helped Cora walk and they made their way to the main room of the building to find, Rose on the ground motionless and Rachel standing in front of her.

"Rose!" Rachel yelled.

"Rachel, don't?" Dick said.

Rachel turned around and looked at everyone before running out of the room.

"Rachel," Kory said going after her.

Cora took Gars hand and squeezed it tightly. He looked at her worriedly.

"I'm sorry, kid," Hank said walking off. Dawn walked over to Rose.

"What are we supposed to do now?" Gar asked looking from Cora to Dick.

Dawn bent down and felt Rose's pulse. "She's alive," Dawn said turning around to the others.

Then Rose started moving, bones cracking. She was finally back in place and her eye opened. Cora took a step back but Gar held her hand, preventing her from leaving.

Hank struggled to lift Rose to the infirmary, while Gar and Dawn followed him. Gar was still holding Cora's hand and brought her with him. Rose had completely healed herself.

————————————————————

Dick, Hank, Dawn, Donna and Kory were together standing around the kitchen table. Rose was still in the infirmary and Rachel was sitting at a table on her own far from the others. Gar and Cora were sitting on the kitchen counter together, Gar making coffee and Cora making a honey ice tea for her throat.

"Hank was right. You were all right. Jason needs us. We can't just stand here and do nothing. Deathsroke wants to make a trade, we'll make a trade," Dick said.