Chapter Sixteen: Regrouping

Cora had been observing Crane. He had looked through all of Bruce's files on himself. He had taken over the manor, meaning if Cora opened the front door to leave to escape, Crane would be notified.

Jason on the other hand had been listening to Crane. He made a video in the Bat Cave for Crane, to make it look like he was the hero. He planned to trick Dick but Cora needed to find a way to warn Dick that it was a trap.

Cora watched as Jason called Dick too but she couldn't do anything about it. She didn't know what to do. She needed help, but didn't know from who.

————————————————————

Later, Cora snuck into the kitchen but realised there was a delivery man in there. She quickly hid under a table.

"Hello? Someone order a pizza?" The delivery man shouted. He placed the pizza down and admired the kitchen. "Wow! What a palace!"

"Thank you," came Cranes voice. Cora covered her mouth with her hand to try and be extra quieter.

"Oh! I'm sorry. The front door was wide open," the poor man apologised.

"Don't be sorry, man," Crane acted all nice. "I left it open."

"Cool."

"So, how much?" Crane asked. Like hell he was going to actually pay for it.

"Twenty-five," the man responded.

"$25 for a pizza? Really?" Crane asked shocked.

"Well, I mean, you're kind of out of the delivery zone...so we charge extra for all...," the man explained.

"Buddy, I'm joking, you know?" Crane replied gesturing towards the place.

"Right," they both laughed.

Crane reached into his pocket looking for a wallet.

"Oh, shit, I forgot my wallet upstairs," Crane lied. "Hang tight, okay? I'll get you a big tip."

"Oh, sure. No problem," the man relied humbly.

Crane left the room but returned through the other doer with a grinder used in the kitchen. He snuck up on the man and whacked it against his head. The man lost consciousness and fell down.

"Oh! I just love gourmet kitchens, don't you?" Crane laughed with blood on his face.

Cora closed her eyes as a tear rolled down her cheek. She knew Crane was crazy but he was psycho. The poor pizza delivery man is going to die now.

————————————————————

Cora followed Crane to the Bat Cave shortly after. Crane had the man tied down on the table with a knife in his hand threatening to cut him.

"Who's there? Who said that?" Crane shouted.

For a second Cora thought he had heard her but he was talking to himself. 

"You," Crane replied walking towards the man. "Why would you say that? Okay."

The man stayed quiet and tried to move away from Crane.

"Answer me! Shut up!" Crane was shouting weird things now. He was going insane. "You sound just like my fucking mother."

Crane pulled away from the man and held his head in his hands. "No. No," he screamed. "No!"

Cora couldn't watch any longer. Crane was screaming at himself. Cora noticed that Crane was distracted at the mirror. Cora took the opportunity to help the man. She crawled into the room and made it towards the guy.