~•14•~

Not edited

Wk: 2.8k

Tom pov:

Yeah right, like you could fall in love, good one Tom.
Ok I may be open to a crush. Ok I can assume that I like her and that I am falling for her but I am not in love.
Well does falling mean 'falling in love'. No I mean, she clearly has me wrapped around her fingers but i am definitely not in love. I mean I never fell for someone so I don't think I can really make any difference right now but..., UGH, I really need to talk to my mom.
"Tom?" I turned around hearing her soft voice. She is standing there, in front of me, with a confused look on her face.
The cold winter breeze, brushing her hair away from her face. Some grey clouds were in the sky and her cheeks took a shade of red at the freezing temperatures.
"Y/n?" I asked, stepping closer to her and she still looked confused and annoyed.
"What the fuck was that?" She asked, looking right into my soul, I felt exposed. She could see right through me and I was powerless Infront of her.
"I am so sorry." I said , grabbing her hands.
She took one of them away. And put it on my cheek as she stepped closer to me.
I put my arm around her waist and her hand moved, interlocking our fingers.
I leaned down and rested my forehead against hers.
"Tom, what are you not telling me?" She whispered.
"It will all make sense soon, I am sorry, I want to help you but I don't think I can."
"Tom my friend is in danger because of my family, I need a couple of snipers" my eyes widened and I leaned back to look into her eyes.
"That's all you need?" I was shocked. I thought if she was asking for those things she would ask for a whole crue.
"Yes, trustworthy ones, who will just do the job without asking any questions."

Don't do it Tom

"Why do you need snipers? I mean what is going on?"

"Tom I know you talked to my father, I don't know what you know about my family but I think the less you know the safer you are."

Don't

"Ok I know someone."

Dad's gonna be mad.

*•*•*

Y/n pov:

So I changed my mind about telling Tom everything about my family. I realised that all I want is to keep my friends safe and protect them. Tom has become a big part of my life these last couple of months, and I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I know he is hurt just because of me or my family. The best solution would be to push him away, but honestly I don't think I can do that.
I want to find a way to keep apart my life with my friends and my family.
I will try anything to keep them safe, and if that means disappear I will. I didn't choose to be in this family, if I could just have the typical family without mafi issues I would. But unfortunately, my dad had to be dragged into this, I don't even know how. I should ask Luke he probably does.

"Y/n?" Christian said, knocking at my open door resting against the doorframe.
I sat up and looked up at him.
"Hey" he said with red puffy eyes, he must be exhausted. He tried to make his way into the plan for hours and as much as I want to tell him that Dotts is fine, I can't.
"Hey..., come" I said, patting my bed next to me.
He lazily came and sat next to me. I put my hand on his thigh and rubbed it with my thumb.
"She is going to be just fine, I promise, I won't let her down, I will bring her back safe to you"
He nodded while looking at the ground in front us.
"I-" he tried but the words got stuck in his throat, and then a couple of tears left his eyes.
"I-" He brought his hands to his face to wipe the tears but nothing worked. They kept flooding down his cheeks.
I felt my own eyes burn. The guilt I felt never had been this powerful.
I put my hand on his shoulder and he brought me in a hug collapsing in tears in my chest as mine finally left my eyes too.
"I just love her so much and I feel like it's all my fault" he finally managed to say.
"Hey li-listen. I promise she will be okay, we will bring her home. I promise."
We were both with tears folding down our cheeks, but for two really different reasons. He was broken because the girl he is undeniably in love is missing, in possible danger and caught in the middle of all the mafia shits. And I hate myself for what I am doing, not being able to tell him that Dotts is safe because when I made the deal with those bastards I made sure of it.
My phone buzzed next to us and I could see Tom's notification.
'I got everything'
Perfect now all i have to do is not get killed... that's... easy? Right?