~•30•~

Omg guys! Almost 30 k?!?!?! Really this means the world to me and I never though people were actually going to read this book. Thank you so much *crying emoji* mwa mwa

Not edited

Wk: 3.8k

Tom pov:

4 months later

I unlocked my door and pushed it open letting the umbrella fall on the floor and pushing the door back shut with my foot. I went into the kitchen and dropped all the shoppings bags on the counter.
I opened the fridge and put the groceries in it when I heard light footsteps coming down the stairs.
I felt two small arms wrapped around my waist.
"Hey sweetie" I smiled and turned around in her arms wrapping mine around her and kissing the top of her head as she had her face buried in my chest.
She generally greets me back and she is hugging me tighter than she is used to doing.
"Hey is everything okay?" I rubbed her back and she just nodded in my chest before breaking the embrace and running back upstairs.
She's not okay.

When y/n got out of the hospital, she was surprisingly okay. She smiled a lot and was enthusiastic. Of course a couple of things still triggered her. Like when she got home, her home. She stood outside for at least ten minutes before going in and packing almost all her stuff, she didn't say a word, she looked at no one and then she put her bags in my trunk and got in the passenger seat not looking back at her childhood house.

I finished with the groceries and then made my way upstairs in our bedroom.
Yes, our bedroom...
She is not my girlfriend, we actually never really talked about it. After everything that happened she came to live with me, she couldn't stay at her old home. I gave her the spare room I had, like we used to do when she lived here for a while. But she really didn't feel like sleeping alone the first night. So she slept in my bed, and then the following night she did too, and then again and again. Until the day I told her to just unpack in my room and to just call it ours.
She never showed me she was hurt after what happened. She would ony  look away when I would change her bandage and clean her cuts.
She always smiles, she laughs, she acts like nothing happens, she copes with it really well. At least she used to.

It's been a couple of days since this started, the mood swings, her lack of affection, she is being silent, she eats less, she wears only long sleeve sweaters and jogging. She doesn't take care of herself. But she still smiles. She still laughs. But it's all looking and starting to sound fake.

I opened the door and saw her forming a ball under the sheets. I closed the door and walked up to the closet, taking off my wet clothes from the rain and put on some sweats and a t-shirt.
I lifted the covers and slid next to her wrapping my arms around her.
We stayed like this, embracing each other for so long, but not one second would I have wanted to get away.

"Talk to me" I whispered when I realised she had been crying.
"I can't sleep" she whispered
"Why?"
"I see it all, I am reliving it all. I need to be busy all the time, to do something, cause when I stop, I only see him." I tighten my grip around her to let her know I am here.
"I can't eat, I am not happy. I am trying to forget, to find ways... ways to keep me from thinking about it."
"Have you found anything?" I asked and kissed her forehead.
"Yeah" I can barely hear her.
"What is it?" She doesn't respond to my question. She just wraps her arms further around herself.
"Y/n?" She is gripping her hoodie like if she let go, she could die.
"Y/n what did you find?" I seriously started to worry about what she 'found'.
"Nothing, I want to take a shower" she says and pushes away from me speeding into our bathroom.
I sigh and think about what to do.

I noticed the changes in her attitude and honestly, I didn't think she would talk to me about them. She may not show it but she needs help.
I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I didn't even hear the water running and somehow I know she is not going to shower, she probably had one this morning anyways. I pushed the door open and I saw her sitting on the floor next to the shower in her underwear. I walk over to her and sit in front of her. She looks into my eyes and I see tears threatening to spill from hers.
I lifted her feet and placed them on my lap, that is when my eyes went up her leg and stopped just above her right knee. On the outside of her thigh lay four marcks, cuts.
I look into her eyes but she is not looking back at me, she is staring at her arm. I look down and see fresh cuts there too.
"Y/n, where did you get these?" I know really well where she got those, I just have some hope she tells me otherwise.
But when she doesn't answer and closes her eyes letting a tear roll down her cheek, my fears are confirmed.
She did this to herself.
"Why did you do this?" I know I probably shouldn't be asking that, but I am not really sure of what to say.
"Cause it takes away the emotional pain." She whispered. Her eyes are still closed.
"How long have you been doing this?" I ask, I feel the emotion build up in my chest but I force myself to be strong for her.
"About a month, when the flashbacks started."
"Y/n-" I started and took a deep breath thinking carefully about my next words.