Chapter VI - Keep One's Vow

[December 25th, 2005]

By the time that the sun had set, (Y/n) had been dressed in her Toman uniform, prepared to uptake a contribution in the upcoming fight. She had already celebrated the holiday with her grandparents and Satoko, so leaving the house wouldn't be a problem for her. At least, that's what she anticipates.

"You're going out with friends?" Satoko was within the living room, which happens to be near the doorway of the main entrance. "This late?" He remains on the couch that he was sitting on.

(Y/n) hums, readjusting the uniform jacket as she proceeds to walk towards the door. "Yeah. I'll be coming back late, so don't wait up."

"You're off to do some gang stuff, aren't you?" (Y/n) stiffens, an arm away from the door as she stares down at the knob with widened eyes. "Come on, the least you can do it make an effort in not making it obvious." Satoko lets out a few chuckles.

(Y/n) sighs heavily, looking at Satoko to say. "I didn't think you would really care..." She faces him.

Satoko tosses aside the book that he was reading. "Of course I do." He pats on a spot among the couch, gesturing his younger sister to sit next to him.

(Y/n) knew that she had a good amount of time to spare, so she makes the decision to oblige rather than argue; She takes a seat next to Satoko, awaiting for a whole ass lecture.

"Do you have friends in the gang?" Satoko asks.

(Y/n) answers truthfully. "Yes."

"And do you have fun with them?"

(Y/n) scowls at the thought. "Sure, when I chose to."

Satoko chuckles lightly. "So blunt, yet so honest." He smiles genuinely at (Y/n). "I'm glad." He raises an eyebrow. "They don't do anything bad, do they?"

"Not without a good reason." (Y/n) replies simply.

"I see..." Satoko deadpans. "Then, I guess they're...at least to some extent, a good influence on you."

(Y/n) doesn't confirm this statement, nor does she deny it. Her stubbornness had gotten the best of her, in this very moment. But, of course, she doesn't mention about this whatsoever. How could she? She wasn't good at justifying her feelings half of the time.

"But, make sure you don't do anything stupid, okay?" Satoko advises. "But, make sure you don't do anything stupid, okay?" Satoko advises. "I don't wanna have any regrets." He winks at his little sister, hovering a finger over his lips. "That's why, I'll let you have a freebie. Just this once. Don't tell grandma and grandpa, okay?"

(Y/n) cracks a small smile, grateful to have received the approval of her older brother. "Yeah." She doesn't hesitate to depart from the couch. "I'll get going, then. See you later, Satoko." The siblings exchange a wave at one another, parting ways in a matter of seconds.

(Y/n) marches down the pavement of the front yard, patting down the wrinkles that were on her uniform. 'The day of the battle is finally here.' A determined look plasters her face. 'The mission is to stop Hakkai from killing Taiju, and defeat the Black Dragons.' Her eyes narrow. 'If this succeeds, the future will change. For the better!'

Awaiting her at the corner of the neighborhood stood Takemichi and Chifuyu, both that were just as devoted to the goal as she was. The three exchange nods at one another, reaffirming the task at hand.

Chifuyu grins at (Y/n). "You ready?"

(Y/n) doesn't back down at the last minute. "Yeah; Let's do it." And so, the three began their voyage, walking side by side.