Chapter XXIII - Sincerely Yours

Takemichi, now back in his original body, finds himself looking at his own reflection through a mirror. He recognizes his present-self the second he sees his hair black and curly, as well as  a bit long. 'I'm back!' He cups a hand over the side of his face, and the reality would kick into him shortly after. 'There's no mistaking it! Naoto...is still alive!' He contains his happiness since he assumes he's out in public.

Takemichi would take the time to look at the outfit he was wearing. 'Why am I wearing a tuxedo?' He wonders to himself, then looks around the room he was in. 'And where is this place?' He justifies himself in a bathroom, but is still unaware of the facility he was in, followed by the event he was dressed so formally for.

Bells could be heard among the building, and Takemichi remains confused. He attempts to piece the puzzle together. 'A tuxedo...the sound of bells...' Slowly, the realization would come to him. 'Wait...this is...'

"Let's get married, in twelve years!"

Takemichi blushes heavily at the thought of the day he awaited for. 'Don't tell me...!' He rushes out of the bathroom, looking both ways. The narrow hallways of the facility was empty, and he had no idea where he'd find Naoto or his friends.

"You're late!" Takemichi follows his gaze at the voice he knew too well. "Jeez! The wedding reception has started!" Despite knowing who that voice belonged to, seeing Hinata standing before him left Takemichi in disbelief.

Before Takemichi could burst into tears, he gets dragged down the hallways by Hinata. "We can't make the groom wait any longer, can we?" She's persistent on arriving to the wedding reception on time.

"Groom?!" Takemichi has yet to process what was happening.

"Today is Hayashida-kun's wedding ceremony! How many times do I have to tell you?!"

'What? Hayashida-kun?!' Takemichi doesn't even know anyone that goes by that name. 'Wait, hold on! I can't process any of this yet!'

Sharing a table with Takemichi and Hinata were, fortunately, three people he would recognize first among the wedding reception.

"You're late, Takemitchy."

"Hurry, grab a seat."

"Don't wanna steal Pah-chin spotlight, he's pretty uptight right now."

Once he entered the room, Takemichi would soon realize that the groom was Pah-chin, once he and his new wife, Yumi Mori, were introduced. "And now, the main characters of the day -- our newly-wed couple!"

'Hayashida-kun, you mean...PAH-CHIN?' Takemichi's jaw drops at the sight. He was not mentally prepared to have received this kind of information. Perhaps it was how differently this timeline was made that Pah-chin got the privilege to get married in the place; Takemichi is just gonna stick to that inference.

"Uh..." Pah-chin seems rather timid, considering that he is the center of attention. "Thank you for coming today..." His wife was as composed as ever as he continues to stammer with his words. "The clouds...are not overcasting and it's...uh...sunny."

Among the crowd that were invited to the reception was Kazutora, who appears to be much more care-free and happy. "Are you doing a weather forecast?!"

And then there's Peh-yan, defending Pah-chin like he always has. "Shut up! Pah-chin got his brain dried up okay?!"

As well as Mitsuya. "Peh-yan, you're always so noisy." He seems to be enjoying the reception, like everyone else.

"Shut up, Mitsuya!"