Chapter VII - Sibling Rivarly

With the knife under her custody, Yuzuha dashes towards Taiju, letting out a mighty scream that she anticipates would give her the strength to take him on. Unfortunately for her, she gets punched again, and returns to the floor.

"Taiju, stop!" Takemichi exclaims.

'He'll kill her if he keeps this up!' (Y/n) depicts. She makes another attempt to get up, but fails miserably, due to her sprained left leg. 'Damn it! I still can't move for shit!' 

Taiju does no such thing, neglecting Takemichi's presence completely. "I'll beat you to death, nice and slow."

Takemichi stands in front of Taiju, devoted to protect Yuzuha from any further harm. "Calm down, Taiju-kun!"

"Move shit-stain." Taiju demands, giving little care on what Takemichi's intentions were.

"Takemichi..?!" (Y/n) is already worried for the well being of her childhood friend. 

"You can say you care deeply about your family..." Takemichi confirms. "--....but in the end, you're the one who's tearing your family apart!"

"Don't!" Hakkai yells from the sidelines. "He'll kill you!"

Takemichi jerks his head to where Hakkai sat. "Hakkai! This involves you, too! What are you so scared of?! Your sister's about to get murdered! You're gonna protect Yuzuha, aren't you?!" He doesn't see the upcoming fist until the very last minute, and receives a dark bruise on the center of his face. The force overwhelms his balance and throws him on his back.

"They're the ones who tried to kill me..." Taiju holds up another church pew, and throws it at Takemichi. "--in the first place!"

Takemichi yelps. "No way!" He ducks his head down, putting his hands over his head so that he can protect himself from the collision of the church pew. He hears the bench shattering onto the carpet, right in front of him. 'Though I was gonna die!' He pants for his breath, staring at the broken church pew. 'Damn it!'

"Why does a sibling fight have to escalate to killing each other?!" Takemichi retorts. "It doesn't make any sense!"

Why, indeed. When you have no siblings like Takemichi, you can't help but to question how any certain siblings justify to killing, of all things. Although it varies on the scenario, harm and violence against your relatives should never be resolution.

"Hanagaki." Yuzuha stands back up, fighting through the bruises she had already received from Taiju. "This...is the path we siblings chose."

Hearing this made (Y/n) gain a better understanding so to why Yuzuha was going so far. 'I see.'  She steals a glance at Yuzuha, earning a smile from the wounded girl. 'Yuzuha's the key to all this.' Her eyes narrow. 'She killed Taiju in the original timeline. But in the future, it's Hakkai who did it -- Kisaki instigated Yuzuha into killing Taiju...and Hakkai took the blame for it.'

'And, since Kisaki knew the truth, Hakkai was reduced to doing whatever he wanted...' (Y/n) adds on. 'After that, he became the Leader of the Black Dragons, and Toman got corrupted, prior to their alliance.'

Takemichi and (Y/n) came to the same conclusion. 'All so he could protect Yuzuha!'

Takemichi says with a stern look. "I know what I've got to do." Without looking at Hakkai, he recites his name. "Hakkai." He inhales, mustering up the courage to proclaim. "I've got to..beat down Taiju!"

(Y/n)'s eyes go wide. 'Crap. He's gonna take on Taiju, so that he can protect Yuzuha and Hakkai.' She grits her teeth. 'I can't let him fight alone!' She grabs onto the armrest of the church pew next to her. 'Endure it!' She tightens her hold on the armrest when she forces her legs to prop herself up. Despite the overwhelming pain of her left leg, she manages to battle through it, because she was that determined to make her own contribution. 'I can't let anyone get hurt! Nor die..!' Vivid memories of Bloody Halloween reappear in her mind. 'Not again!'