Chapter XVI - Just Do It

[Earlier]

"Thank you for coming along, Chifuyu." Satoko exits out of the grocery store with Chifuyu, holding the plastic bag that carried the loaf of bread. "To be honest, I felt a lot safer going with someone in the first place. Given how severe things have been with Tenjiku and Toman."

Chifuyu blinks. "You know about that?"

Satoko's smile falters, his eyes straight ahead as he walks beside the younger boy. "Of course. It's all that (Y/n) can think about these days."

Chifuyu's eyes softens at this remark. "I see..." Deep down, he was anticipating Satoko to throw a fit of some kind, or maybe a speech of persuasion to keep (Y/n) out of the upcoming fight. At the very least, that's probably what he would've done.

"So it's actually legit then? The final fight between Toman and Tenjiku?" Satoko wonders, out of genuine curiosity.

Chifuyu isn't one to half-ass things. "Yeah."

Satoko didn't like the thought of people hurting one another on purpose. He despised violence, unless, of course, it was for a good reason. "I don't understand how Toman thinks." He says truthfully. "I don't even think I ever will." He stops walking, followed by Chifuyu. "But...I want to believe that what you're doing is justified. Because (Y/n)'s a part of it. And I...trust her tremendously. Just like how she trusts me."

"That's why, I want to support her. Even if it means she'll have to fight Izana, and get hurt in the process." Satoko reveals. "I'm her big brother, after all." Chifuyu cracks a small smile at him, admiring his convictions.

Satoko proceeds to walk forward, continuing with his rant. "When I first heard that she was in a biker gang, I already disapproved of it. I thought, 'A biker gang? Seriously?' I wanted to prevent her from associating from you guys. Because I had no idea what she had sign herself up for. I got scared."

"But...I then remembered about how I acted towards Izana, when he first told me about being the Black Dragon's commander." Satoko relives that horrific moment, neglecting his environment. "I misjudged Izana. I insulted him. And mocked his choice. And I regret it. Because he sought for my support, despite that fact that I wasn't a delinquent." He purses his lips. "I was too stupid to see that then and there."

Chifuyu couldn't help but to interpret Satoko's words as redemption. "So you approved of (Y/n)'s decision to make up for that mistake?"

Satoko blinks. "Ah, no. Sorry, I didn't mean it in that way." He sheepishly rubs the back of his neck. "The point that I was trying to make is that I want to make a better of myself. I don't want (Y/n) to confront Izana for me. Rather...I'd like to do it myself." Chifuyu's eyes widens. "It sounds stupid, doesn't it? I can't even fight for shit, and I'm saying stuff like that all of a sudden..." He chuckles nervously. "What am I thinking, right?"

Chifuyu doesn't think that way at all. "No. It makes sense why you wanna do it, but..." He cracks a small smile. "--I guess, to some extent, it is stupid."

Satoko hums. "But, if I did confront Izana instead, it would've made things a lot more easier for (Y/n), wouldn't it? As well as for you and Takemichi." Chifuyu reacts with a dumbfounded look. "I can't put up a fight, but I'd say that I would've managed. Maybe land a punch or two, you know?" The young adult thrusts in a fist, aiming at nothing as he keeps his eyes on his front view. "If it meant protecting you and the others, I would've already done in a heartbeat, and put Izana in his place. If I condone violence, that is." He exchanges an innocent smile at Chifuyu.

Chifuyu's smile grows at Satoko's lighthearted behavior. He can tell that the older male was trying to humor him, in a not-so-forced kind of way, unlike how most people tend to do.