Chapter XVIII - Awake My Potential

A/n - Not me wanting to apply Izana's psychological theme to the book I have to analyze and write for an essay for English Composition—Nope, couldn't be me—

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to leave your thoughts in the comments and a vote! It keeps the book going!

I also made an Attack on Titan (Various x Reader) so please, by all means, check it out when you have the time!

Until then!

~•~

"Finally." Part of Izana had expected the fight to end so boringly, like most that he has participated in the previous years. "You're finally showing your true colors, (Y/n) (L/n)." He chuckles and does a couple of arms rolls with his dominant. "Hell, that punch I just blocked made my arm go numb for a second. I can still feel its impact."

(Y/n) chooses not to say anything, her anger towards Tenjiku's beloved commander far too great for her to encourage him. Her eyes narrow in disgust, seconds prior to hearing Izana talking.

Izana's smile stretches outwards, his bloodlust present in his eyes. "Come, (Y/n)--" He mouth opens wide open after a sucker punch is dug into the center of his stomach. He would have very little idea that (Y/n)'s speed would match up to his own, probably even slightly greater.

"Careful, Izana." (Y/n) digs her fist deeper into Izana's stomach, worsening the damage she would leave on the commander. "Someone I know was exactly like this, too. And he lost in only a minute." She departs the fist from his stomach and uses her free hand to uppercut him.

The force behind the uppercut propels Izana backwards, by only a feet. He presses his shoes onto the smooth floor, keeping his balance. Despite the aching pain that disables his movements, he puts it aside and prioritizes in proceeding the fight.

Izana's bloodlust is enhanced by the attack (Y/n) had performed. "That's it..!" He leaps forward, reaching to his opponent in a mere second. He thrusts in a fist of his own, but (Y/n) evades it, unfazed by his fast speed. This encourages Tenjiku's commander to throw a series of punches, determined to land a hit on the girl. In the process, he moves forward, since she was walking back.

(Y/n) dodges every punch that is thrown at her, keeping eye contact with Izana the entire time. Her glare was menacing, this being the very first time she had ever been so open about the bloodlust that had always been bottled up within her.

"Nice...!" Izana halts his punches and subconsciously raises a leg at the right side of (Y/n)'s face. (Y/n) bends her right arm, cancelling out the kick with that arm alone, preventing herself from getting hurt.

'This girl...' Izana's excitement, at this point, was railing through the roof. 'She really is insane!' He watches (Y/n) push away his leg and goes in for a kick of her own, from the opposite side of her right. Now he's the one that's avoiding getting kicked, from a consecutive amount of it too.

Shortly after, it'd be a clash of punches and kicks between the two. It becomes a cycle that lasts for several minutes, but neither one of the two care how long this fight had lasted, nor their surroundings. For nothing else mattered but winning. Someone watching from afar can only wonder who'd win, because it wasn't exactly obvious as to who was more powerful.

You can even debate on it, really. Both had an immense amount of bloodlust, a mixture of anger, sorrow, and obsession.

Izana punches (Y/n) on her left cheek, enhancing his strength at the last minute before doing so. He smirks at the sound of the fist colliding with her face, like he had accomplished the impossible. His eyes widen when he sees her standing still, not reacting to the impact at all. He removes his fist from her face, taken aback by her pain endurance.