Chapter IX - The Light Of My Life

A/n - I passed my lab practical and I'm so happy and relieved. Most people failed, so you can already imagine the weight that was on my shoulders when I took it. Holy shit—

Hopefully I'll update more during my upcoming spring break (which takes place in two weeks from now) so fingers crossed!

~•~

(Y/n) was more than confident that Mikey's appearance would ensure Toman's victory. There was no doubt. 'We're saved.' She keeps her smile.

"With Mikey-kun here...we can beat the Black Dragons!" Takemichi gets the same idea.

As much as Mitsuya wanted to reaffirm this, he wanted to look at the upcoming outcome realistically. "You sure about that?" Takemichi and (Y/n) direct confused looks at him. "We're here in the first place because we chose to break the peace agreement..between Toman and the Black Dragons." Just as he says this, the door opens. "What would Mikey think of that?"

Through the doors walks in Mikey, wearing his usual smile, as though a whole ass fight just didn't break out among this room. "Merry Christmas." He notes the wounds that plaster each of his comrades. "What are you guys doing on a day like this?"

No response is heard. An awkward silence whelms the room because of it. Mikey sees Taiju, Kokonoi, and Inui in their their respective corners and depicts the reason why his friends were in their sorry state to begin with.

Mitsuya takes it upon himself to apologize, in place of his friends that had been involved. "Mikey. I'm sorry." He slumps his upper body down so that he can perform a bow. "This is all my fault." He ignores the astonished look on Hakkai's face. "I broke the peace agreement I'd made...with my own irresponsibility." He confirms Mikey's suspicions. "We're fighting them now, as you can see."

Mikey wasn't stupid. He already knew that this scenario would've occurred either way. As the commander, he was suppose to be perceptive and aware of every member among his gang. And that he was.

But instead of a scolding or interrogation, Mikey says. "My big bro recognized...the sound of your impulse..."

"Huh?" Mitsuya is somewhat surprised by this random reaction.

"Then Baji said..." Mikey exchanges a genuine smile at the second division captain. "'Only Mitsuya's bike sounds that sweet!' Y'know?" His smile falters just at the thought of his late brother and childhood friend. "Those two led me here." His face shadows in intimidation.

"Mikey...?" Mitsuya is still struggling to comprehend his words. "What...are you saying...?" He questions.

Mikey approaches Taiju. "You're fighting these three guys, right?" He doesn't give a direct response to Mitsuya's question.

Taiju gazes down at Mikey with his signature grin. "So you're the 'Invincible Mikey,' huh?!"

Mikey questions on the spot. "Why are you standing in my way?"

"Huh?"

"I just wanna ride with the guys again." Mikey's face is darkened with a sense of bloodlust, his eyes concentrated on Taiju. "If Mitsuya dies...then Baji and my big bro will be sad!"

It was at that moment that Takemichi could see the parallels that Kazutora and Kisaki had mentioned, regarding Mikey. As the two had mentioned, Mikey had been shown to be mentally weak, consumed by a mixture of anger and sorrow.

'Mikey has gone...completely evil!' Takemichi realizes, his anxiety raising through the roof as he watches from the sidelines. 'Don't do it, Mikey-kun! If you fight them like this, you'll...!'