prologue

4 years and 8 months ago....

Omniscient

Jordan felt what he was doing was a big step, but he feels like this is the right moment in his life to do it. He currently sat in his car staring at the ring he recently purchased. Numerous of questions flooded through his head as he stared at the diamond that rested on the platinum ring. He wondered if she would like it but of course she will, Reyna always loves the things Jordan gets for her. Smiling too himself he grabs the velvet box placing the ring back inside and grabs the roses out of his passenger seat.

His palms get sweaty as he takes the elevator up to his penthouse getting nervous about how this weekend is going to unfold. The elevator dings and he quickly places the ring into the pocket of his sweatpants. A smile that occupies his face the whole ride up disappears when he sees his baby sitting in the living room with bags packed and tear stained cheeks. Hwy flowers fell to his side as he came to realization of what's going on.

"What's wrong? Why are your bags packed?"

Jordan was genuinely confused and thought things were going great so great that he bought an engagement ring.

"Jordan I love you and I've have enjoyed this journey we've been on together, but right now I'm just not happy. As of lately I feel like I've been pushed back to the back burner as if I'm irrelevant you know. Whenever you come home you don't even ask me how my day was or what did I do you seem uninterested every time I talk you about something other than basketball and your career. You want me to drop everything I have going on for you and I have no problem doing that but baby at times you don't do the same for me. You always say "well we're just going to have to cancel or reschedule." The fact that I can use two hands to count the amount of times you have stood me up for dinner and went to do whatever else. I've been holding all of this in, but now I'm at a breaking point."

"Baby why didn't you tell me this earlier? I'm so sorry I've been making you feel this way look you don't have to leave we can try to work this out."

"Jordan it's too late for that I just think we need to spend time away from each other and if it's destiny...we'll find our way back to each other."

Reyna place a kiss on his right cheek and grabs her duffel bags and suitcase. Being the gentleman he is, he helps her bring the rest of her bags down to her car. Once everything was placed in the trunk, Jordan engulfs her in a hug kissing the top of her head.

"I love you and I'll be waiting."

"I love you too like I said we'll find out way back to each other, just right now isn't the best time."

Reyna gets into her car and drives off as Jordan was watching her exit the parking garage. His hand pulls out the ring from the velvet box and just breaks down.