eight: daddy daughter day

Jordan

Currently I was in one of my guest rooms trying to get it set up for Raelynn. I just want her to have her own space where she feels comfortable and play freely in. Also a little part of me wants my bed back to myself. I love my baby girl, but she is a wild sleeper and I am too and that does not mix well. I've been working on putting little things in here and working on my decorating skills and I'm honestly proud of myself. I'm just putting her bed, dresser, and her desk and her room will be finished. Rae is riding her scooter her scooter around the penthouse to keep her busy.

I told my parents about their new granddaughter and they were so excited which was a surprise. I have to pick them up later today since their flight gets in really late, so I'm going to try my best to keep her up and let her sleep in tomorrow. I like being a dad it's actually kind of fun. The joy my little girls has whenever she looks at me...can't no other girl come between me and my little apple pie. I'm almost done with her room when I hear a big crash coming from the living room. I drop everything and run in there to see my baby girl on the floor.

"Are you ok baby girl?"

"Yeah I just got a boo boo on my knee."

My arms pick her up and carry her into my bathroom. Carefully sitting her down on the counter I pulled out my first aid kit. I do all of the wound cleaning before putting some ointment in there and covering it with a bandaid. I give her knee a kiss so it can feel all better.

"Thank you daddy."

"No problem baby girl", I smile, "daddy has something to show you."

"Is it my new room?"

"Yes it is."

She jumps into my arms and I carry her down the hall to the closed door that held a sign that had her name on it. I put her down and let her do the honors and let me tell you...my ears or going to be ringing for a few minutes. I decided on doing a butterfly theme with purple and have butterfly stickers scattered all over her wall. She has a toy chest that we would eventually have to fill up, which is why I'm taking her to Target today as one of her outings.

"Do you like your new room?"

"Yes it's so perfect daddy and you put a basketball hoop in here!"

I tried to get some ideas out of her and she said she would be happy with whatever, but her one request was that she gets a basketball hoop in her room. What can I say she's a Poole. I take a seat on the carpet and watch my daughter rave about her new room. I got her a big girl bed because I never liked the idea of those mini beds that are shaped as objects.

"Thank you so much daddy!"

"No problem baby girl now let's get you ready so we can spend this day together.

• • •

We finally made it to Target and I had Raelynn in the cart as she pointed to different toys she wanted.

"Oooooo daddy can I have that please."

I look up to see that she was pointing to a super soaker water gun.

"And what do you plan on doing with that baby girl?"

"Nothing", she smiles.