ten: bring your daughter to work day

Omniscient

Jordan's phone alarm goes off like it always does and on que, his ray of sunshine walks in with Kobe, Kai, and Kota following her. She waits until after her daddy rubs his eyes and fully becomes awake.

"Good morning daddy."

"Good morning my baby."

Jordan

My babygirl used all of her strength to get on the bed and finally succeeds after two minutes. She starts smiling like the happy baby she is and lays her head on my chest. Her schedule for today is cleared, but I do have a workout today with my trainer Patt so I'm probably going to bring apple pie with me. 

"Daddy what's the move today?"

I let out a laugh and realize she's really starting to turn into a mini version of myself.

"Daddy has a workout with my trainer today and I'm going to bring you so you can see the facility."

"I finally get a tour of chase center! Yes!"

I laugh and her iPad starts ringing like crazy. Reyna's name pops up and I quickly take the iPad and Raelynn into the bathroom so she can answer it. They've been talking on iMessages and she's been asking how come she won't accept her FaceTime calls. I sit on the floor across from Raelynn as she answers the call.

"Hi my baby."

"Hi mommy!"

"How have you been?"

"I'm doing great mommy and you?"

"I'm doing well baby I was just about to go to bed and I started thinking about you. Are you having fun at camp?"

"I'm having so much fun mommy and they have us in the nice dorms they have on campus."

"I see well I'm glad you're having fun."

"Mommy I love you."

My face softens hearing that come out of our daughter's mouth. It still amazes me how she is filled with so much love and projects that out to other people.

"I love you too baby, momma is getting tired I'll talk to you soon okay."

"Okay bye love you."

"Love you too."

Raelynn hangs up the phone and puts her attention back on me. Her small hands brush away my tears that I didn't know were rolling down my face. She gives me a kiss on the cheek and snuggles into my chest.

"Alright babygirl let's get you ready for the day."

• • •

I scan into Chase with my keycard while Raelynn was on my phone playing games. I made to make all of her things are charged and to put her coloring books in my bag before we left. Her not being bored is very important to me because I don't want her to wander off somewhere and hurt herself. As soon as we enter I head straight for the locker room and smother my baby with kisses. She lets out these cute little giggles and playfully tries to push my face away.