three: revenge game

Jordan

Today is the championship game and it's at Chase which is good...home court advantage. I had my headphones shitting in my chair trying to get my head in the game. I've been waiting for this night all season and it's finally here. I don't care I'm not giving these niggas no mercy I'm really show them who should have been number one. Everyone else was talking to each other about their plans after the season, but i was too busy bopping my head to Larry June. I remember Reyna had put me on and I've been listening ever since. Our favorite song is Until Next Time Love because we felt as if our love was the same vibe. I started thinking about her and wipe the the tears that fell and sniffle a little bit. Good thing I keep tissues at my locker, I quickly blow my nose throwing that out and rubbing some hand sanitizer on my hands. I just miss her so much we would've been married by now with at least one kid. She always talked about having twins because they're on both sides of her family.

I always thinking about what our child would look like. She always thought I was playing when I said I want my first child to be a girl. I don't know why it's just cool to have a little girl and I just knew she would look like me. It's almost close to tip off and I cut my music off and place my headphone in my locker. Before heading out to the tunnel I grab my warm up jacket and meet the rest of my team outside.

• • •

Omniscient

It was currently the fourth quarter and the game has been back and fourth for the past three quarter. The biggest lead that either team had had was ten. There was currently ten seconds left and both teams were tied right now. Right now they were currently in timeout as Coach Kerr scribbles something on his whiteboard.

"Alright where's the plan we're going to go into iso. Jordan I'm going to need you to try to get open on the three point line and shoot the shot ok."

Jordan shakes his head before taking a swig out of his water bottle. It was weird because normally the ball would go to Klay of Steph but it felt good that his coach has trust in him. Once the timeout was over they're always their places. Klay inbounds the ball passing it to Steph who dribbles for a few seconds waiting for Jordan to get open. With two point five seconds left he passes the ball and it Jordan shoots it letting it release from his hands. It felt like everything was in slow motion as everyone watch the ball flying in the air. When the buzzer goes off the ball goes in and the entire team rushes the court cheering for Jordan and hugging him. Soon the confetti canons go off and the yellow, blue, and white paper is everywhere. The boys run to the locker room to see it draped in plastic and champagne bottles, ski goggles, and tshirts were placed in their cubby. Quickly putting their hat and goggles on, they spray each in champagne...well Jordan was the one who got most of it since he hit a game winner and all. By now everyone was soaked and they needed to go back to the court for the trophy ceremony and the announcement for finals MVP.

In a different time zone, Rae watched in awe as she watched her daddy on the tv. She was happy that he won the championship and was dancing around in the jersey her mom got for her.

"Daddy won the championship!"

"Are you happy baby?"

"Yes", she smiles," they're annoying the mvp I think daddy is going to get it", she shhhh her mom.

Reyna shakes her head smiling at her daughter whose attention was placed on the tv.

Back in San Francisco, the entire organization stood on the stage that was set up at the logo waiting for the MVP to be announced. Everyone had a feeling of who it was going to be since he's been working before the season even started.

"Your 2025-2026 finals MVP is Jordan Poole!"

The arena goes into an uproar and he goes to Bill Russell shaking his hand and accepting the award. He takes the microphone off of the stand letting out a deep breath as he stares at the trophy.

"I just want to say we wouldn't be where we're at if it wasn't for the amazing coaching staff for constantly getting on our ass. I don't even know what to say so I'm going to keep it short", everyone laughs before he continues his speech, " I want to give a shout-out to all of my teammates. The amount of work they put in in crazy and they all deserve this and the well needed break we'll get after. I know y'all say I work hard, but these guys work ten times harder than me and always pushing one another for greatness. I want to give a shout-out to my family I know they're excited right now watching me. I do want to say this though...the love of my life is somewhere in this world watching this right now and I want to give a shout out to her for always believing in me and pushing me to do more when we were together. I'm not going anywhere and still waiting on you baby."

He holds the trophy up and the crowd cheers as the team heads back into the locker room.

"Party back at my place! Not a fr party don't bring hella people to my place just a little get together", Jordan says.

All the boys scream getting ready to shower and change back into their clothes.

Coming back to Chicago, Reyna was frozen when she heard Jordan talking about her in his speech.

"Mommy daddy was talking about you", she smiles.

"Yeah baby he was", she laughs nervously.

After all these years she didn't imagine Jordan still being in live with her. Ryan said they still talk here and there and told me that he hasn't been in a new relationship since we broke up. Apparently he said he had a ring too, but Ryan could be talking out of his ass he always does. I really do miss Jordan but I don't know if he'll forgive me about not telling him about RJ.