thirty: new opportunities and deep dish pizza

Jordan

Poole party of three has officially landed in Chicago. Reyna decided that she wants to have her and Rae's stuff sent San Francisco from her. They had moved into the house a few days before they both left so nothing is fully unpacked. We talked with her parents and they're going to move into the house and give Ryan their old house. It will be good for him and hopefully motivate him to start his own family. I love my brother in law I really do but if he keep going at the rate he is he is most definitely going to catch something. My parents wanted to fly out as well to see their daughter in law and grand baby. Reyna and my parents have been talking via FaceTime and they're conversations have been going well. They're really excited to see her too.

I gently pick up Raelynn since she fell asleep a little after the plane took off. She opens her eyes and gives me the sweetest smile like I was the only man in the world that mattered.

"Hi baby."

"Hi daddy."

"Did you sleep good during the flight?"

She nods her head yes moving her hair out of her face.

"I can tell you got marks all over your face babygirl."

Y'all know the marks you get on your body after you slept long and good. My little baby had them all long her arm and face. She got her nap out of the way so I'm not complaining. As we cascade down the escalade, we see Reyna's parents and brother with a big ass sign that said POOLE PARTY OF 3 in huge blue letters. I watch as my girlfriend runs down the rest of the steps before running to her family to give them a hug. Raelynn claws out of my grip and runs to her Uncle Ryan.

"Uncle Ryan?"

"Hey my Rae of sunshine!"

The interaction they had was really sweet. I'm glad Ryan is here to be another male figure in Rae's life. I know he was doing the best he could to push her to tell me about our daughter. It is old news now and we are not going to dwell on the past anymore. I'm just glad that I am in my baby's life now instead of later.

"Jordan what's up man."

We dap each other up and pull each in for a bro hug.

"Nothing much man just happy to be here and you?"

"Just happy I have my brother back."

What he said caught me off guard and I felt my eyes getting glossy. I suck the tears back in and shake my head smiling.

"I'm glad to have my brother back too."

"Daddy can you pick me back up please?"

I look down and pick my princess back up so he can rest on my hip.

"Oh my goodness Jordan you've gotten even more handsome since the last time we've talked."

The heat rushes up to my cheeks causing me to look down because Mrs. Taylor always giving me compliments.

"Thank you Mrs. Taylor", I smile.

"Hey son how have you've been?"