thirty three: first day of school

Reyna

Well it's official our baby is starting kindergarten today and she's very excited! I'm excited for her too, but Jordan isn't that excited. He's been mopping around all morning in his robe and letting his feet drag across the floor. I understand he's sad because she's not going to be with him all day, but I need him to be strong because Rae is farting to pick up on his emotions.

"Daddy are you going to drop me off at school today?"

"Of course baby."

"And pick me up?"

"And pick you up Rae Rae", he giggles.

I smile placing all the food I made for breakfast on all of our plates and bring them to the table.

"Thank you mommy."

"You're welcome baby. Are you excited for school today?"

"No."

I dart my eyes at Jordan to see him looking away trying to not look guilty. He must've said something to her while he was doing her hair.

"Well how come baby?"

"Because I won't be able to go to daddy's practices or be with daddy all day."

"I know baby but you'll be able to learn new things and make more friends. Also you get to be with your other friends at school like Dj, Amaya, Ryan, and so many more of them."

"Hmmmm you are right", she taps her tiny finger on her chin.

"So does that change your mind?"

"Yeah I'm excited for school", she smiles.

I look over to see Jordan looking sad as ever while he moves his eggs around his fork.

"Baby since your almost finished how about you grab your backpack from your room."

She runs off and I turn my body looking at my boyfriend.

"Jordan it's not the end of the world it's going to be ok."

"I know but she's just growing up on me. Sigh if only we had another baby."

I give him the side eye and continue eating my breakfast. I know he wants a baby but I just want to get settled back in the bay first.

"I'll think about it."

"I've already nutted in you multiple times so there's no thinking about it."

I stick my hand and give him a purple nurple because of that foul mouth.

"Ow!"

"Shut up."

• • •

We pull up to the school and Raelynn buckles herself out of her car seat before we could even get out of the car. Jordan carries her book bag and lunch box while holding her hand. I pull out my phone taking a quick picture of the two and set it as my lock screen. Jordan decided on wearing sunglasses because he doesn't want anyone to see him cry. I might cry too if he starts crying...my bestie is officially starting school and won't be with me all day.