nine: raelynn the ballerina

Jordan

"Daddy you gotta make my bun look on point."

"I got you babygirl and once I'm finished go to the kitchen to eat breakfast."

Right now I'm currently getting Raelynn ready because she has her first dance lesson today, and honestly I'm excited. I freed up some spice on my phone so I can take as many pictures as I can. I style her edges and love her headscarf on so they can set while she eats breakfast. I'm already dress since my mom was helping Rj get ready and put her leotard and tutu on.

"Alright baby girl how did I do", I step back and let her look in the mirror.

"A+."

She does a chef's kiss and runs out of her bathroom to go eat breakfast. I ok clean up the countertop and put everything away. I take one look at myself in the mirror and do a little pose. Cutting the light off I head into the kitchen to see my mom fixing Rae's plate.

"Arms up baby girl!"

I slip one of my tshirts over her body so she won't get her leotard messy. Grabbing the plate from my mom, I cut up the pancakes and pour syrup before handing Rae the plate.

"Thank you daddy."

I grab myself a plate and take seat next to Rae. My parents soon join us at the table and I take a piece of bacon to give to Kobe.

"So Raelynn after your dance lesson do you want to go to the zoo", my dad ask.

She nods her head since she just took a sip of her juice. Everyday I notice more things and smile at how similar we are. The other day she told me that she loves animals and hopes to become a doctor for them...she can't say veterinarian yet. My parents have only been here for a few hours and Raelynn loves them so much. This morning before I started to get her ready she had her grandpa sitting at her table playing dress up. As for my mom she's been smothering her with kisses and has been spoiling her. I don't mind though because I spoil her as well and just want my baby girl to have a good time here.

"Alright my beautiful ballerina you ready to go?"

"Yes!"

I pick her up and grab her dance bag to place on my shoulder. My dad fill up the cats and dogs water bowls before we head out.

• • •

I'm going to be honest y'all...I am a hot mess. This is only the first class and I have cried three times. My baby looks so beautiful out there having the time of her life. I can already tell that she's making friends as well. I'm the only dad in here and since I do play for golden state all of the moms just gravitated towards me. They haven't said anything though just staring hard as hell. The teacher dismisses the girls for a small break and Rj comes running towards me.

"Are you having fun baby girl?"

"Yes I'm having so much fun daddy and I'm making friends."

I kiss her cheek and let her sit in my lap for the rest of her break. My dad hands her water bottle and she takes a few swigs before giving it back to him.

"Did you take pictures?"

"Yes apple pie I've been taking pictures."

I already sent some to her grandparents and Ryan. They told me they already sent them to Reyna and they plan on calling Rae later tonight to tell her what her mom said. Her dance teacher calls from them to come back and I give my daughter a kiss on the cheek before letting her run off. They continue to learn a short dance routine and I stare in awe. I think once Reyna finds out Rae has been with me and tries to comes to San Francisco and get her...I'm going to do everything in my power to get my woman back.

• • •

Me, my parents, and Raelynn are currently at zoo as a little outing. Her grandparents want to use this a time to get to know her and vise versa. I'm so happy that they took the news well and have showed her so much love. I can confirm that baby girl loves her second set of grandparents dearly. She sat on my shoulders as we walk around and look at all of the animals. Babygirl had a special request that the giraffes be the last thing we see because they're are her favorite animal.

"Are you having fun baby?"

She nods her head smiling and puts her attention back on the animals. I take her off of my shoulder and place her on my hip so we can move closer to the glass. I'm always saying this, I always stare at my daughter with amazement because I for real have a daughter. Honestly I would say that I'm killing this dad shit. I thought it was going to be hard and it was a little bit at first, but it just came naturally to me.

"Daddy?"

"Yes baby?"

"I love you."

"Aww I love you too my little apple pie. Ready to move onto the next animal?"

She nods her head yes and I let my parents know that we're ready to go to the next exhibit. My baby girl is having so much fun and that smile hasn't disappeared from her face.

• • •

After the zoo baby girl was knocked out and I let her sleep since she didn't get a nap. Soon Kobe comes in my room resting his head on the edge of my bed. He looks so sad because his best friend is still asleep. I see him trying to attempt waking her up and see her stir in her sleep.

"No Kobe."

He looks even more sad and starts whining.

"It's ok buddy she'll wake up soon."

I take him to the kitchen and put a treat and some peanut butter in a toy to keep him occupied. Kota and Kai are sitting next to my mom on the couch so I'm not too worried about them. Right when I enter the room I see her iPad light up. A picture of her and Reyna is on the screen. I would answer but that would just blow the whole thing. Her tablet stops and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. That was the most recent picture I have seen of her and when I tell you she got even more beautiful. It still bothers me that I don't know why she ended things with me. Also why did she hide Raelynn from me...if she was scared that I was going to be I wasn't. When Rae showed up at my door I wasn't even mad I was just shocked because, I didn't see Reyna the type to hide something this big. I don't know all I know is that August is coming soon as fuck and she's going to be in for a rude surprise.