thirteen: trip to milwuakee

Jordan

"Daddy!"

My eyes shot open once I hear a Raelynn call for me. I wipe the drool off with my hand and put some hand sanitizer on. I could've swore this flight was short as hell, but yet again I was very tired. I decided that me and Rae are going to spend a few days in Milwaukee just to spend time with my family and so she can meet her aunts and uncle. She is very excited, but she made it very clear to me that my brother isn't topping Uncle Ryan and that's understandable. I fix her face mask before unbuckling her out of her seat and doing the same for myself. Everyone is standing up waiting to get off of the plane so I just decide to wait i until we're the last few to get off. I pick up my little girl and sit her on my lap as we wait and pull up a learning game on her iPad.

As of lately I've been helping her getting ready since she'll be starting school next year. I just want her to get a head start on things. I'm not sure if I want to enroll her in a pre-k class because I feel like she will be bored, but Reyna and I will talk more about it when the time comes.

This little girl has been leaving me mind blown because she is so smart. I needed up crying the other because I'm just so proud of her and can't wait to witness what else she fulfills in her life. Also Juan has been helping her learn Spanish so she can get a head start learning a new language as well. I just want the best for my baby and I want to see her succeed. Once we are the last few I let her chill in the aisle while I get our carry-ons from the overhead cabinet. I put her backpack on and we walk up to the front to say goodbye to everyone. She stops by the pilot and he bends down to her level to give her a fist bump.

"Before you guys go do you want to see the cockpit?"

"Ooooooo daddy please can we see it?"

"Yes we can", I smile.

He gives us a quick tour and informs us about what goes on in the room. He even let my baby take a few pictures with his pilot hat. Before we left he gave Raelynn her own pair of "wings" and she get so excited. I take a picture of her pointing at the clip on her shirt and thank the entire crew before we leave. I go ahead and pick her up placing her hood over her head as we walk through the airport.

"Are gammie and g-pops already here?"

"Yeah baby that's why we need to hurry up and get our bags."

I place a kiss on her cheek as I continue to walk to baggage claim.

• • •

"Gammie! G-pops!"

Raelynn runs off as soon as she sees her grandparents and leaves me in the dust. My mom gives her a lot of kisses and my dad tosses her in the air a few times. Once they finally notice her they give me a big hug and help me put the bags in the trunk. When I told them we were coming down they bought a car seat for Raelynn to have down here. I made me mom FaceTime me so I can approve and I understand she has raised kids before but still. I get Raelynn buckled in and walk to the other side so we can leave out of here.

"Are you excited to be in Milwaukee Raelynn?"

"Yes ma'am", she smiles.

"Well we're excited you're here", my dad says.

Baby girl is mailing so hard doing a little happy dance. We stop by to get something to eat real quick before heading back home to settle in and unpack. Once we pull up I see my sisters and brother outside with a sign that said Welcome home Raelynn and Jordan. Babygirl is eager to get out so I unbuckle her and she hood out of the car running to her aunts and uncle. I told them that she likes to dance a lot so they're playing music and dancing with her. I just love how she projects her love to other people and they give it right back to her. I pick her up and give her the proper introduction to her family.