twenty seven: daddy daughter disagreement

Reyna

My eyes slowly open as the sun shines through the opening of his blackout curtains. Last night was the bed sleep I have gotten in ages...thank god I was the one who picked out the mattress. Pulling the covers back I swing my legs over the edge and let out a quick yawn scratching my head. That sleep was really good like oh my goodness. I grab one of Jordan's warriors shirt to cover my body since I was just in my underwear. Breakfast must be getting made because the whole house smells like bacon and Jordan's famous pancakes. His cooking was another thing that attracted me to him because man made sure I ate every time I came over.

Entering the kitchen I see Raelynn standing up on a step stool next to Jordan. She was watching him flip the pancakes and having small conversation.

"Daddy when do you know when to flip the pancake?"

"You see them little bubbles?"

"Yeah."

"Once they pop and form holes that's when you flip it. This is one is ready you want to flip it mama?"

She nods her head eagerly placing spit of her hands on the spatula's handle. Jordan place his hands over hers so he can help her flip the pancake. Once she does she cheers clapping her hands together. Jordan looks up to see me watch their cute moment from afar.

"Well good morning."

Rae snaps her head over to me and hops off of her stool. Her little arms wrap around my legs as she smiles up at me.

"Good morning mommy."

"Good morning baby."

Jordan walks over to me pecking my lips before going back over to the stove to put some bacon in a pan. I guess today will be the day we start rebuilding our relationship. We had a more constructive conversation last night letting everything out and it went really good. Jordan fully understands that I left out of fear and anxiety of losing him, so now we've made a pact to communicate about everything. Our communication skills were good before, but he just want me to be more open than I was. 

Taking a seat at the table I look over Rae's workbooks that Jordan helps her with. I always knew she was more advanced especially when I would put her in setting with other kids.

Raelynn climbs up in her seat and finishes her math worksheet that Jordan printed out for her. Once she was finished she goes back over to him and I grab the paper to check it. This little girl is only four years old and already multiplying double digit numbers.

And she got them all correct.

Jordan walks over with multiple plates of food. I help him sit them down on the table and grab the orange juice and cups. Raelynn climbs up in her chair again smiling at all the food her dad made. We join hands and say a little prayer.

"So baby how did you sleep?"

"I slept good", she nods her head stuffing her mouth with more pancakes.

I pour some orange juice in her princess Tiana cup so she can wash all of that down. Jordan hand engulfs mine and my thumb rubs over the top of it. I'm glad to have him back in my life and I know he feels the same.

"Daddy why are staring at mommy like that?"

"Like what?"

"All googly eyed."

"Well that's happens when you're in love", he smiles.

"I want to be in love", she pouts.

Jordan's eyes divert to her and he starts shaking his head.

"No ma'am you can't be in love until your thirty six."

"Why not?"

"Yeah why not", I giggle at him.

"Because you're my baby and I said so."

"That's not fair", she crosses her arms.

"Well that's how the world is baby girl."

I silently laugh at the moment and continue eating my breakfast so we can get started on the day.

Chapter is really short to serve as a filler for the next chapter