Chapter 6

Previously...

Logan came with a serious face.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Suryeon-ssi, let's talk."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While they were fixing their things, Logan came and called her. But when Suryeon looked at him, his face was so serious.

"Suryeon-ssi, let's talk." HE uttered, her heart beating so fast. She doesn't know what is going on.

"Sir, what is it?" She stuttered.

Logan pulled her into his office. And make sure no one can hear him and Suryeon talking.

"How can you lie to me?" Logan started, Suryeon was clueless about the lies he was talking about. Her eyebrows furrowed and eventually her eyes widened.

"Sir..." The only words she can utter.

"You are the daughter of the Shim family. But you lied and changed the information about you. I did my own background check, I actually don't expect this kind of thing to come out." Logan said. Suryeon's knees weakened, she knelt down infront of him.

And held his hand.

"Sir, please do not tell anyone about my identity." Suryeon was in tears, she didn't want to be involved with any of her family's affairs.

"Give me reasons for me not to do so." In his firm voice, Suryeon stood up.

"I cannot make my daughter's life put at stake just because of my identity. No one knows who Shim Suryeon is at all. Everyone had forgotten already. No need to make them remember me again. My family has been into so many affairs, and I cannot put my daughter's life in line with that. So Logan, can you please, jebal..." She explained. Logan looked at her with pity.

"Okay then, we still have the contract. And do not worry my life is also at risk here, if I reveal who truly you are, I will lose everything. The surgery will happen next month so all you have to do is to be healthy. I also can't put my mother's life at risk just because of a person like you." Logan said.

"Thank you, Logan-ssi." Suryeon said and wiped her tears and went back to her daughter. Logan sneaks out and he sees Suryeon and her daughter enjoying their own time.

Logan received a call that the hospital needed to see who the donor was, so without any hesitation, he asked Suryeon to go with him to the hospital. Logan let Suryeon ride with him in his own car.

" So you are the woman that my mother is talking about. Why did they kick you out?" Logan breaks the silence. Then Suryeon looked at him in shock.

"I married a person who doesn't have that much wealth." Suryeon answered.

"I bet you regret it," Logan making an assumption

" You are wrong, I don't regret any of these things happening in my life. I don't regret marrying him, we live with so much joy in our time. I don't regret being kicked out. I would rather be poor but happy than marrying a rich man but unhappy." Suryeon said and lok at Logan. Logan looks at her too, then Suryeon avoids his gaze.

"You just want happiness,don't you? But you can't live with just happiness, Suryeon-ssi." Logan replied but Suryeon just smirked.

" Of course, why not? I want happiness because when I am happy I can have a better life. You don't know that, do you? Rich people only want money but have never seen the value of each money they earn. I can have all the money but anyone can take that away from me, I can have the happiness and family I want but I can protect and treasure them like an important jewel. You have to know that, Logan." Suryeon said in a soft voice.