Angel Shot

I woke up to a pounding headache, laying on the dirty floor of a moving vehicle

I woke up to a pounding headache, laying on the dirty floor of a moving vehicle. My hands were restrained in front of me. I tried to get up but was stopped by a rough hand shoving me back to the floor.

"Stay down."

I tried to get up again.

"I said stay down. Are you deaf?" The same voice barked.

I tried to straighten up one last time but was stunned by the cold metal of a large knife pressed to my throat.

"I said stay down." The voice growled in my ear.

I nodded vigorously.

"You heard me that time, did you?"

I nodded again.

"Good, because the boss would be very upset if I had to use this on you." The knife was pressed tighter against my throat, causing me to hiss in pain as the blade bit into my skin.

I was let go and shoved back to the ground as two other voices from the front seats warned whoever was in the back to be careful with me. They claimed I was 'precious cargo.'

I tried to listen for anything that could tell me where I was, but the radio was blasting an unfamiliar pop song that was impossible to hear over.

I felt my hands shake as stomach acid fought to come back up.

"Please do NOT get sick in the burlap bag."

"Did you fill up the gas tank before we left?"

"Yeah."

"You're sitting on a throne of lies. We're almost empty."

"Who kidnapped me, tweddle dumb and  dumber?" 

"There should be a gas station on this turn." I felt the car swerve right and the familiar smell of gasoline and cotton candy waft up to my nose.

I knew where we were.

"You stay with her and make sure she doesn't run. You stand by the window to make sure no one can look in. I'll go pay for and pump the gas." I heard a door open and close, the sound accompanied by the gleeful squeals of children in the distance.

I knew where we were.

I needed to think fast. Every episode of true crime I had ever watched flashed across my mind, causing me to hyperventilate.

They said their boss would be upset if Dummy number one had to slit my throat. 

Meaning I was no use to them dead.

Where were they taking me?

Should I wait and see?

My self-preservation outweighed my curiosity.