House Arrest

"I never thought I'd commit grand theft auto

"I never thought I'd commit grand theft auto. I've done a multitude of things that I never thought I'd do this month." I muttered to myself as I zoomed down the road in the car I stole.

I had to get to Henry. Maybe he would know who Peter was and take me to his house to help me save Dottie.

She was right in my grasp. I knew where she was. I could get her out of here.

We could be free.

Was it selfish to run when everyone else was suffering?

No, this was their life, not mine.

Besides, they would want me out of their hair as soon as possible. I was doing everyone a favor by leaving.

I pulled into the driveway of Maria.

My phone began to ring.

It was Dottie.

"How are you calling me right now?" I asked after I answered the call.

"What do you mean?"

"Peter... he-"

"Don't worry about what Peter did to me. Where are you?"

"Peter came to the hotel room. I don't know what happened to him. He was tied up in a chair last I saw him."

"Jacklynn, where are you?"

"I'm at Henry's. I'm going to ask him for help."

"No. Jacklynn. I'm going to send you a location. Go to it, and I'll give you your plane ticket and an emergency bag. We need to get you out of the country. Peter will stop at nothing to find you."

"You got out from his grasp, didn't you?"

"Jacklynn, he wouldn't lay a finger on me-"

"Because of your boss?"

A slight pause followed my question.

"Jacklynn-"

"No, I'm getting Henry, and he is going to help me find you. We'll both leave the country and get out of this mess. I don't know what we got mixed up in, but Henry will help us out of it."

"How do you know he will? Why would he when it would be easier to kill you?"

"Because..."

"If you can't answer the question, then you need to come to meet me at the location I'm sending you."

"I'm not leaving you! You're being torn apart by someone else. You don't deserve that. I need to get you out."

"If I leave, there will be consequences."

"We can face them together."

"Not these consequences, honey. Please meet me at the location I just sent you."