Off the Record

"Shit, shit, shit!" I internally panicked as I looked around.

The only hiding spot was the bathroom. I could only pray that she was not planning on taking a shower.

I ran into the bathroom and dove into the shower. I pressed my body tightly against the floor and wall as I tried to steady the shower curtain.

The door opened, causing me to hold my breath.

"Alright, let's go look for the missing girl." I heard Miss Mallrick's voice fade away. A sigh escaped my lips as I slowly crawled out of the bathtub.

"That was way too close."

I tried to tuck my phone into my pocket.

"I forgot, people who shop in the women's section don't get pockets. Now is not the time to not have pockets."

I silently cursed the clothing gods and industries before tucking the phone into my bra.

I peaked under the gap in the closed door and was relieved to see no feet. The door opened with no fuss, and I quickly slipped out.

"Jacklynn!" Lacey called from around the corner closest to me.

"Fuck."

I silently scrambled to my room and placed my phone underneath my pillow before leaving the room.

"Jacklynn!" Henry's voice sounded close too.

"I'm over here," I answered.

"Where were you?" Henry asked as he appeared from behind a corner.

"I was in the bathroom."

"Did it not occur to you to ask?"

"I wasn't aware that I was back in school." I snapped back.

"No, this is worse. You need an escort at all times."

"Everyone was too drunk to take me."

"I am not that drunk."

"Yeah, sure."

"I'm not."

"You apologized to me earlier."

Henry's jaw slightly dropped.

"Maybe I'm a little wasted."

"No shit, Sherlock." I snarked as I walked past him.

"Everyone get in the living room! We have a business matter to discuss." The Don commanded.

"Is he mad?" I asked Lacey as we all made our way downstairs.