A Little Birdie

"I know, Papa, I'm sorry

"I know, Papa, I'm sorry. It won't happen again. Yes, I love you too. Kiss Mama for me. Goodbye." My entrance into the mansion came accompanied by a crash.

"I swear to the almighty spaghetti monster if you do not take it back, I will ascend this plane of existence to become the goddess I know I am and smite you."

"Once I get out of this armbar, you are so dead."

I walked into the living room to see Mike and Lacey dishing it out on the living room floor.

"Have they been like this since I left?" I asked Jamie, who was observing the regularly scheduled smackdown.

"You missed Mike throwing Lacey into the pool."

"Say mercy!" Lacey demanded.

"Mercy? What, are we in third grade?"

"Say it!" Lacey barked as she twisted Mike's arm harder.

"Mercy, Jesus Christ." Mike howled. A victorious smirk graced Lacey's face as she released Mike's arm.

"Control your demon." Mike huffed to Alex.

"What was that?" Lacey asked.

"Nothing," Mike answered quickly.

"He said I should control you better," Alex announced loudly. Mike glared at them before sprinting up the stairs.

"You've tortured them long enough, love." Alex chuckled as they pulled Lacey into their lap.

"You just wait. I'll show him how demonic I can be." Lacey pouted. Alex planted a firm kiss on her cheek, which melted the scowl instantly.

"Get a room, you two." Jamie groaned as she marched into the garage.

"What did your dad have to say about the missing shipment?" Lacey asked.

"He was this close to flying down here to tear me apart. But I told him you could find it."

"You shouldn't make promises you can't guarantee." Lacey pointed out.

"Are you telling me you can't find it?"

"Of course not. I'm Lacey Prince. I can do anything I set my mind two while demolishing any obstacles." Lacey cracked her knuckles and grabbed her laptop. Alex hovered over her as I poured myself a glass of bourbon. There was not nearly enough alcohol in my morning coffee to deal with this nonsense.

"Looks like your shipment got lost in New York."

"Again?"

"Yes."

"Damn it. I'll call our operation in the area. Spencer will help redirect it."

"How're you doing?" Alex asked.

"I feel like I'm constantly driving into a dense fog without my headlights on. Blindsided."

"Did yesterday's events stress you out?" Lacey inquired.