Suspicious

"Oh god, I think she gave me a concussion

"Oh god, I think she gave me a concussion." I groaned as I slowly sat up.

"What the fuck? Jamie, are you okay?" Henry asked.

"When you'd get here?"

"Answer the question, dumb ass."

"I think I'm fine. I can't say the same thing for princess over there."

"I'm going to kill you!" Jacklynn growled as she lunged at me. Lacey pulled her up and held her back.

"Didn't you feel immense remorse for thinking that you killed me two seconds ago?" I inquired as I stood up and brushed myself off.

"Easy, you're head is bleeding," Henry warned.

"Shocker," I muttered as I pressed my hand to my bleeding temple.

"What the fuck is your problem?" Jacklynn grumbled.

"Do you want a list? It starts with you."

"Okay, let's separate these two before someone dies," Henry ordered.

"Yeah, let's go get you cleaned up, Jacklynn." Lacey guided Jacklynn away from me.

"Care to explain to me what that was all about?" Henry demanded as we made our way to my bathroom.

"Henry, are you serious? She's been nothing but trouble since she walked through our front door. We need to get her out of here."

"You're not the only one paranoid by her being here. But we make decisions as a team."

"Really? because you chose to keep her here pretty quickly."

"I asked everyone if they were okay with her being around. You said you didn't care." Henry sounded exasperated.

"I heard her leave the house a few hours ago."

"What?" Henry stopped tending to my head injury.

"Yeah, she left and came back a few hours later. She was soaked and looked petrified with a cut on her cheek."

"I'm sure there's a logical explanation."

"Is there ever a logical explanation? No, everything is always twisted and terrifying." I pointed out.

"Look, if she is a threat, we need to keep an eye on her. She won't do anything with all these eyes on her. If she is innocent of any wrongdoings, we need to protect her."

"Why? What obligation do we have to keep her safe?"

"We're the reason she's in this mess. She has no one to turn to, and we're the ones that put her in this situation."

"You and your fucking savior complex, I swear to god."

"Pot meet kettle, you hypocrite. Your middle name should be self-sabotage. What do you suggest? That I throw her out in the street?"