The After School Hexer [part 1]

In the SPR office, sat in front of the coffee table, was sat Taniyama Mai the lively 16-year-old student part-timer.

Just in front of her, was sat Shirato Yuki, Mai's legal guardian. As usual, she was reading a book from who knows where. This time, the book was probably from the office's library, but most likely a book that Mai will never understand.

Unlike, her usual self, she is not wearing a wig or her colour lenses and this time, she is wearing female clothes. She was wearing a blue dress with long sleeves and her hair were in a high ponytail style, letting other see her blue-violet and orange-yellow streaks. The latter acquired in the last case after obtaining her new familiar. Although, she had her habitual accessories, her classes, gloves, rings and earrings.

Just on the coffee table, just in front of Mai, were placed several papers and she had a troubled expression on her face with her eyebrows furrowed. But, it didn't seem to bother Yuki as she was still reading her book.

After a while, Naru went out of his office and went to sit on the couch, just next to Yuki, and also read a book, took from the library.

Doing what she has to do, Mai stood up and asked him if he wanted a cup of tea, but it was not really a question, as he always drink a cup of tea. So after serving him the tea he wanted, Mai said that something was troubling her, but she received the habitual response from Naru.

"Hey Naru, something has been bothering me." 

"So?" 

Mai hearing his short response, Mai stayed quiet a second "Just 'So?', shouldn't we normally ask 'what's the matter?' or something like that?" She asked sweat-dropping.

But he just said plainly "Unfortunately unless it's something work-related, I really don't have time for it."

Mai then thought angrily 'You... Egoistical Workaholic!! But...! Thank to that I have less competition!' And unbeknownst to her, Yuki smiled slightly, seemingly knowing what Mai was thinking. It even seems that Yuki was highly amused by her.