The Spirit's Residence [part 7]

>< Sunset ><

At sunset, the expert, John a Catholic exorcist, arrived in priest robes. As soon as he arrived, he asked to be led to Ayami, and he acted as soon as he saw her sleeping face.

After, he finished with the sleeping little girl, they went to the base to see the doll, but it disappeared just like this or more like run away, when no one was watching.

>< 2:00 a.m. ><

At 2 a.m., the house suddenly started to shake, and the poltergeist activity started, as if  it was looking for something in its rampage to turn the house upside down.

All furniture moved, the rapping noises started and stomping sound could also be heard.

It was a sign that John's exorcism worked.

They were all in the base, except for Ayako who was with Ayami and Noriko, waiting for whatever could happen next.

Sound started to be heard in the microphone, so Lin alerted Naru who then told him to switch it. It was overflowing and seemed to be a child's voice.

Then knocking sounds on beds and walls were heard, though unclear, they definitely could hear a child who was crying out, amidst all this.

Next thing, they knew the ghostly sounds slowly faded earlier than usual and soon enough a silence was looming over them, and nothing more changed.

All of them were confused, save for Yuki, Naru and Lin, who understood why the sounds stopped.

In the new few minutes, Ayako rushed in the base, with a bundle in her arms and showed it to the other, then she explained how Noriko found it, wrapped in bedsheets near Ayami's legs.

The other than understood why the sounds stopped, it was because the found Ayami.

>< 4:00 a.m. ><

At 4 a.m., John prepared an altar. Minnie was placed inside and underneath it, there was a silver cross of Christ, and he took out a glass bottle and then started to pray.

Minnie was wearing a blue skirt, her skin was pure white, her marble eyes closed, and finally her teeth were also pure white. She looked like the dolls we could find in a horror film.

Minnie was merely a spirit vessel, that wanted to hurt Ayami.

"In the beginning, was the word, and the word was with God..." 

Please look over us and protect us."

John spoke softly and laid the silver cross across Minnie's forehead. At that moment, they heard the sound of the cross breaking, and Minnie's eyes fluttered open.

Ayako who was behind Mai, took a deep breath.

He then shifted a little around and continued his prayer. Minnie after that didn't move again, its hands became stiff, and its marble eyes stayed still.

"All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made." John opened his thick bible and raised the glass bottle.

"In the beginning..." He read and moved the glass bottle, sprinkling holy water onto Minnie, whom the body stated to rumble.

"In Him was life, and the life was the light of men." He continued to read and sprinkling the holy water at the same time. Finally, with a wisp of smoke rose from the doll's forehead, followed by a cracking sound. They could also see the doll's skirt fluttering in the wind.