9. Defend

For once Yoongi was stunned, "Yeah, Goodnight, Hoseok."
_____________________

Hoseok woke up with a slight headache but no major hangover, thanks to Yoongi's snap of his fingers. Unaware that Yoongi didn't really take care of people like this, he assumed it was just Curtousy.

"Mm," he grumbled, "What happened last night?" He realized he was cuddled up against someone and opened his eyes, finding that someone to be Yoongi. He quickly let go, embarrassed and hoped Yoongi hadn't noticed it.

"Hey, What the Fuck? You're warm, come back here." Hoseok was stunned but didn't think twice, going back to his original position with Yoongi's arm wrapped around him. The other man hummed and went back to sleep. Hoseok couldn't help closing his eyes and dozing off again either. After a bit he woke up again, seeing Yoongi scrolling on his phone. "Oh, you're awake."

Hoseok nodded and sat up. "What happened last night?"

"You Don't remember?" Hoseok shook his head, confused as to why Yoongi laughed a bit. "Oh, Yoongi You're so handsome!" He mimicked. "Call me 'baby'!" He batted his eyelashes dramatically, laughing as Hoseok grumbled and his his face in his hands. "You were drunk last night and I took us back here. You said the sweetest things to me. Don't you remember, cupcake?" Yoongi said it in a teasing tone but honestly wanted Hoseok to remember it, hoping something could come out of it. He could make him remember but that's no fun.

Hoseok shook his head and squeaked out an embarrassed, "No."

"Do you remember the bar?"

"I remember up until you punched that guy in the face." Hoseok doesn't remember if he thanked Yoongi for that. He might as well. "Thank you for punching him, by the way."

"You didn't need my help." Hoseok stared at him incredulously, wondering if they'd even been at the same scene at the same time. "Okay, yeah, you did. You could've taken him on you know." Hoseok couldn't tell if he was feeding him that idea because he's Satan and wants to convince people to make bad decisions or if he really means if. Either way, there's no way he'd fight someone. It's a total death sentence and before maybe he would've considered it but now he's patiently waiting for his companion to arrive, he can't die just yet.

"Yeah, and gotten folded in half if I tried."

"I should teach you how to fight then."

Hoseok shook his head, "No thank you, I'd rather take what I deserve." Yoongi was saddened to hear that. Most depressed people end up going to heaven unless they did enough bad things in their lives to weigh them down, so he's not too used to hearing people's woes like this and when he does, he always feels sympathy. After all, once an angel, always an angel.

"So, why do you deserve a companion?"

Hoseok shrugged, "I don't. The only reason is I made a deal that entails I do." His quiet response made Yoongi want to give him a million friends despite hating sharing. Hoseok thought so low of himself as if he'd been a heinous criminal his entire life, that he deserves the worst. There's been no one around to tell him otherwise.

"You deserve me."

"Satan?" Yoongi nodded and Hoseok let out a breath through his nose, a small chuckle. "I appreciate the effort Yoongi, but that doesn't sound as uplifting as you think."