Chapter 7: We?

*(Previously: Carlos looked at her sheer regret in his eyes.
"...I'm not a only child ) *
____________________________
Jane was confused, if Carlos wasn't a only child, why weren't they here? Surely, Ben would never split up siblings, let alone twins!

"Then why aren't they here with you?" She asked with hope he'd tell her. Carlos looked into her eyes, seeing the pure wonder within them.

"Uh...well-" he began to tremble "if I tell you please don't tell anyone" Jane nodded, sealing the newly made promise.

"About nine, maybe ten years ago my mom and him went out leaving me with my uncle Cecile. B. An hour later we get a call saying there was a crash and they were involved. When police got there, his body was gone and there wasn't any evidence that he was ever there." Carlos finished and stared at the floor for a while until Jane spoke up.

"What was his name?" She asked

"Alberto" he said with a smile "you would of liked him, he was funny, stupid, very dyslexic, crazy" his eyes held the joy as he remembered his twin brother.

"He's like you then, appart from the.. dyslexic thing" Jane started with a smile and shortly got one back from Carlos. "So... he's... dead?" Jane questioned as she watched his smile fade.

"No... I don't think so, Ben tried to find him but  his records of him ever existing on the isle disappeared after the crash, I know he's out there." Carlos said with hope and his smile came back to his face.

"Can I ask something else, it's totally of topic" Carlos laughed at Janes 101 questions "sure what's up?"

"Are you going to the dance with Ella? She said you two where a thing before I ran into you." Even though Ella was the biggest liar in the school, somehow they where convincing to the weak minded. But what followed her question was Carlos pretending to gag at the thought.

"She said that?" He asked, Carlos knew that Ella had her convincing tricks but he never thought Jane would fall for it. "Yeah"

"I'd rather go with chad than her" the pair laughed but dude was late to the joke "why what's so funny? Is it because I ate that lollypop stick yesterday, because I Swear I thought it was a bone!" Dude said defensively "no dude it doesn't matter" Jane giggled at the campus pooch.

"Hey Jane I wanna ask you something..."
____________________________

To Be Continued... (Again!)

I'm really going for it with these cliffhangers aren't I 😂

~Yoshi