Chapter 45: Double Trouble

As long as it may have seemed, The week eventually past. Fairy Godmother allowed Jane to have the week off to recover from what happened. Of course, she was thankfull that her Mom let her rest but, she would of prefered if Carlos could of stayed with her.

Jane spent everyday, for that past week waking up extreamly early; so early that it became unhealthy to do so. It was all because of that one recurring dream, well, nightmare!

At around 2am everyday, Jane would jolt up out of bed in a cold sweat (not to mention her pounding heart and heavy breathing). Also, she feared falling asleep because she knew she would have to face the same vision once again.

When she eventually fell asleep, Jane "awoke" on the isle; in Tristans base. She would be shackled to the wall, preventing her from escaping. To start with, her vision would be blurry but as the dream progressed, her drowsy eyes would focus and feast upon the monster himself, standing over her with an angered expression on his evil face.

She couldn't move. She felt trapped within the dream. If Jane even moved a muscle, he would pounce at her (like a predator on prey) gripping her neck with his strong hands. That is when she would wake up, anxiety rushing and panic a blaze! The worst part was that this had been happening for a whole week and nobody knew about it! Jane didn't tell Lonnie because she would insist on staying up with her until she drifted off to sleep. Jane knew that would be a long time, she didn't want to deprive her best friend of well deserved sleep! It wasn't fair.

Jane couldn't tell her Mom because Fairy Godmother didn't even know about Tristan taking advantage of her. She kept meaning to tell her Mom as she had a right to know but, Jane was scared of how she would react so, she kept it secret in hopes of Fairy Godmother never finding out. Then there was Carlos.

Carlos already thought Jane spoke with her mom (because Jane said she did) and spent the whole week making sure she was ok. Jane cast the illusion that everything was fine, that nothing could penetrate the barrier she formed around herself. Plus it would only worry him, with the stress of moving from the dorms to Evie's new place, Jane didn't want to add to it and become the center of attention.

For now, the only thing keeping her in reality was the memories of their adventure last week. She would constantly scroll through photos they took that day and smile at the posts they both made.

 She would constantly scroll through photos they took that day and smile at the posts they both made