Chapter 46: The Coronation Ball

Auradon had gone into total excitement. Everyone was excited for the ball and spent nearly all day getting ready; as Bens coronation date was declared a national holiday, everyone had more time to get themselves looking fabulous!

The decorating committee was buzzing with pride after sprucing up the Royal family's boat with all the decorations Mal and Ben had chosen together. Although a lot of people find planning, decoration and making everything look flawless stressful, Jane found a sense of relaxation in it. After all, that's why she joined that committee. Jane enjoyed seeing it all come together and watching peoples faces light up once they realize how amazing everything looked. Plus, decorating the boat was a way of keeping her mind off of Carlos.

The two had agreed not to see each other for the three days leading up to the night of the ball. Now, this seemed like an easy task but it was a lot harder than she imagined! Sure, they could text each other just... Not see each others faces! It wasn't impossible, but Carlos and the others developed a new task just for today; Calming down Mal!

Mal was supposed to give a speech about Ben and talk about his reign as kid (also giving him with the ring Jane helped design) but, the descendant of Maleficent wasn't one for talking in front of crowds of people, after all she was new to it! She'd get the hang of public speaking eventually. Jane too was a little on edge, she had to stand with Ben, Mal, Beast, Belle and her mom, why? Because one day Jane would take Fairy Godmothers place as head fairy and learn the ways her mother did. So, with that being said she had to begin practice, starting tonight at the ball!

"Okay everyone!" the head of the committee called out "looks like we're done here, now go get ready for the ball!" they beamed. As Jane began to gather be belongings and watch those scurry out into the dock, a figure approached her from afar with a saddened look upon their face.

"Jane... Can we talk?" Audrey mumbled. Jane of course agreed, taking a seat ok the steps below her. Audrey followed along, taking in a deep breath before saying what she needed too. "I'm really sorry about the way I treated you... It's not because I wanted too, it's because I was afraid to lose my friend group. Now I see them for what they are and I didn't want to be apart of that! I hope you can forgive me and maybe we can start over?" Jane smiled sympathetically at the pretty princess before her. She embraced her with a gentle hug, reassuring her that its ok.

"Of course I forgive you and, I think we'd be good friends!" Audrey smiled with relief. Secretly, she feared Jane wouldn't forgive her; then she truly wouldn't be able to forgive herself. The two bid their goodbyes and proceeded wave each other off in the direction of then exit but, the brunette stayed behind to admire all that she had done.

Everything was perfect! Everything down the last minute details! The boat sparkled in fairy lights and candle lit torches, every post had some sort of banner or bunting hanging from it. The soft lighting for when the sun finally set was ready and tested; it looked beautiful. Jane was proud of what she had done! Although it took her some time to get back into the swing of things, she truly was amazed by all she could do.

Jane didn't rush back to the castle (where all the girls were getting ready) she took a leisurely stroll through the surprisingly quiet halls of Auradon prep. Everywhere was quiet... Everywhere! No lessons were being taught, no lockers slamming shut, no students shouting over crowds. It was a lot nicer this way, although Jane perceived it to be eerie and a little unsettling.

The small fairy turned down the hallway that lead go the music department. It was strange hearing no musical instruments playing but it didn't bother her. She was practically skipping down the corridor until something caught her eye. The music roster; where people sign up to be in bands or perform solo.

Normally, she couldn't care less who signs up and who doesn't but, today something was telling her to take a quick peak at the names on the list. The list was long, so long they had to attach another A4 piece of paper to the bottom of the one hanging from the pin board. "Chloe, Adam, Hannah, Arthur..." whispered the brunette to herself. "Madison!" she calmly exclaimed. Madison had put her name down as lead drummer which was new information to Jane; she never knew she could play the drums.