Chapter 18: Freedom!

Carlos began his desent down the Gloomy vent until he arrived ontop of Fairy Godmothers office. He carefully pushed the vent lid down and climbed out. Carlos looked around the room, there was no sight of the key.

"Jane? Can you hear me?" Carlos yelled through the vent.

"Yeah! Whats up?"
"Wheres the key?"
"Should be on my mothers notice board, maybe under some papers"
"Ok"

Carlos turned away from the vent and discovered the notice board, He made his way up to it but something caught his eye.

The top-left corner of the board held 4 small pictures and in the center was a landscape photograph of Fairy Godmother, a young Jane and a tall Man with birght blue eyes and dark hair, what stood beneath was a loop filled with keys all shapes and sizes.

Carlos lifted the keys off the board taking a second look at the photo 'is this Jane's Father?' He thought to himself.

"Carlos you ok?" Jane asked worryingly.
"Yeah i'm fine, just hold on i'm coming, and I gotta ask you somethin"

"Ok" Jane yelled back, she slid down the back wall of the libary in hope Carlos would come back soon, she layed her head on the side of a chair and began to close her eyes.

But she opened her eyes again when her brain began to show mental pictures of her and carlos together. It made jane begin to think, all she wanted was someone who loved her back, and He was the only one who held her for no reason just to see her smile.

Soon Jane was interrupted by a soft knocking on the other side of the libary door, she looked up and saw a smiling Carlos holding a rack of keys.

"Are you ok?" He asked from behind the glass, Jane nodded a responce with a soft smile to add to it.

Carlos began to try the keys in the lock trying to find the matching one, Jane on the other hand made her way over to the door holding Carlos' phone for guidence of the room.

"You wanted to ask me something?" Jane spoke out, but she was answered with a 'click' of the lock on the libary door turning. Carlos pushed the door open letting his Ex-Girlfriend out the room.

"Whose the guy in the picture on your moms notice board?" He queried the small girl.

Jane looked up from the floor and met Carlos' eyes "ill tell you another time, but for now lets get outta here" she smiled at Carlos knowing that he wanted to know about the relative in the photograph.

"Fine" he smiled mischievously and held his hand out for Jane to take, finally they where free.

As the pair walked out hand in hand they where greeted with a crystal sky with speckling stars looking down at them.

"Hold up-" Carlos began "If the the libary and office door can only be locked from the outside why where the keys in the office?"

Jane began to question Carlos theory and it only led to one answer "and the guards only have the keys, the guards dont close stuff till 7PM" Jane contuniued for Carlos

"Someone locked us in on purpose, and I know exactly who"
____________________________

Sorry for yet another short chapter but I promise that they do get longer (😏) but this was just a quick update as it is 2:46am :)

I hope you are all having a good morning/ evening/ afternoon!

(Check out my one shot story I will be updating soon!)
~Yoshi