Chapter 7

Raavi stood in the kitchen, brewing some lemon tea for herself and Gaurav. She was having a splitting headache, and decided to take a break from her books and treat herself.

Since they were just chilling at home while Shashank and Shiva had stepped out for a couple of minutes, Raavi decided to make some for Gaurav as well, who was currently studying in his bedroom.

Just then, the doorbell rang, and Raavi wondered who it would be, since Shiva and Shashank had just left a few minutes back.

She wiped her hands and opened the door, to be greeted by a pretty, petite brunette.

"Hello!" Raavi greeted her with a smile.

"Um hi?" She asked, glancing inside the house and then back at Raavi, who was standing at the door in her denim shorts and loose t shirt, hair in a rough bun.

"Aap kisi ko dhundh rahe ho?" Raavi looked over her shoulder, and then at the girl again. She hadn't seen her before, she didn't know who she was.

"Haa. Gaurav hai kya?" The girl asked.

"Ji. Par aap kaun?"

"Mahi. Uski girlfriend."

Raavi smiled wide as she realised who it was, and invited her in, walking to Gaurav's room and knocked on the door thrice.

"Gaurav? Gaurav! Mahi aayi hai. Bahar aa." She called from outside, and almost immediately he stepped out and greeted his girlfriend with a hug.

Raavi smiled and stepped into the kitchen to bring the lemon tea, and handed over one cup to Gaurav. "Tum peeyogi lemon tea? I didn't know you were coming over."

"No, thank you. Tum kaun ho?" Mahi returned a tight lipped smile.

"Mai Raavi! Inki brand new roommate." She chuckled, sipping on her tea, sitting down on the bean bag.

"Roommate? Kabse? Maine toh tumhe aaj tak yaha nahi dekha."

"Oh, bas abhi ek mahine se. It's a very nice place, I love it." Raavi looked around, and then at Mahi, who had a scowl on her face whil simultaneously staring at Gaurav.

"Okay then!" Raavi quipped, sensing the tension and getting up , "Mai andar baithi hu, kuch chahiye hoga toh bata dena." She said to Gaurav, taking her cup and moving towards Shiva's room.

"Tumhare dost kaha hai?" Mahi asked Gaurav.

"Woh dono zara bahar gaye hai. Itne din baad aayi ho, talk to me na!" He smiled, holding her hand.

"No wait!" Mahi frowned, moving to stand in front of Raavi. "Tum ho kaun?"

"Arre, abhi toh bataya. Inki roommate!" Raavi smiled at her, setting her cup on the dining table.

Just then, the keys clinked and the door opened as Shiva and Shashank stepped in.

"Oh hey, Mahi! What's up?" Shiva greeted her, setting the keys on the table.

"What's up is that this girl was in the house, all alone, with MY boyfriend!" Mahi screeched, and Raavi was taken aback.

"Excuse me, maine abhi toh kaha ki roommate hoon, I sleep on the damn sofa you were sitting on a few seconds ago." Raavi crossed her arms in front of her chest, nodding towards the sofa.

"Mahi, relax!" Shiva walked to stand beside Raavi, "Humare saath rehti hai, Raavi. What's the problem here?"

"Tumhare saath? Really? Toh ye kyu lemon tea banake pila rahi hai Gaurav ko? Uske haath nahi hai khud ke?" Mahi stepped closer to Raavi.